1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Major Fantasyland remodel may take 3-5 years in phases

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by DisneyFreak, Jul 10, 2009.

1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

This remodel is in the final approval stages and could begin as early as 2011. It’s no longer a matter of “if” but “when” and “how big”. Disney will be going to more of a Disneyland Fantasyland look getting rid of the circus style that is currently up. Items rumored to be added or changed:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    • A Family friendly roller coaster through the Seven Dwarfs’ mines
    • Princess themed shops, meet & greet area and possibly a ride
    • Little Mermaid dark ride (similar to Snow White)
    • Aladdin’s Magic Carpets being moved from Adventureland
    <o:p></o:p>
    With these current plans Fantasyland may extend its boundaries closer to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Toon</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Town</st1:placeType></st1:place>.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I like the ideas :)
  3. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Wow! That sounds pretty amazing.

I'm always a bit cautious about these things, but it sounds like it will be a positive remodel :yes: