1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Making Music for ‘Mickey and the Magical Map’ at Disneyland Park

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

On the 25th May the new live show spectacular, “Mickey and the Magical Map,” will open in the Fantasyland Theatre at Disneyland park.

Creative Entertainment Executive Producer Doug McIntyre and Music Director Bruce Healey recently oversaw the recording of the show’s soundtrack, with a full orchestra on a Hollywood scoring stage. Have a listen!

[video=youtube_share;jluIG0I1D8o]http://youtu.be/jluIG0I1D8o[/video]​

In addition to a sumptuous, motion picture-quality score and classic Disney tunes, I can also tell you “Mickey and the Magical Map” will feature an original song written just for this show. The song, entitled “Journey to Imagination,” is inspired by Mickey’s journey in the show. It’s about letting go and believing in the world of dreams and imagination.

Composers Adam Watts and Andy Dodd, whose credits include everything from Disney productions like “High School Musical” to writing for artists like Kelly Clarkson and Jesse McCartney, wrote the music and lyrics for “Journey to Imagination,” with orchestration by Timothy Williams.

“We’ve written numerous songs for various Disney TV and film projects,” said Adam and Andy. “’Journey To Imagination’ was particularly unique and special in that it was an opportunity to work on a song specifically for a feature at the park that includes so many classic songs and characters. Being Southern-California natives, we grew up loving Disneyland, and to be a part of it on the creative side is truly an honor. It’s exciting to know that people from all over the world will hear our song in the show every single day. We thoroughly enjoyed the process, as well as working with such a talented team.”