1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Mama Melrose

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Mari, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I just checked the menu out and it looks pretty good

Whats the quality like? Anyone tried it recently?

Thanks!!

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I last went Dec 2011 for the fantasmic dining package. I've always had a good meal. I usually order the tomatoes mozzarella for an app and penne ala vodka for the entree.

3. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

We almost ate there on our last trip, but then were not able to. I'm curious to see what other people on here say, as I have read mixed reviews on other sites, but I'm still interested to try it!

4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I've eaten at Mama Melrose 5-6 times and when it's good it's really good and when it's bad..well uh It's bad. The first time we ate there the food was plain awful and I said I would never go back but after reading some decent reviews we decided to give it another shot and it was really good(both food &service) . The service has been spotty the last couple of times we went, I get the feeling that they don't have enough staff to keep up with the pace. I also don't think that we have ever been seated at our reservation time. I know it sounds like i am bashing the place but I am not. We will be back dining there again on our next trip.

5. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

That's more the kind of reviews I had been reading online, BUTTERHEAD1. I still feel like I'd like to try the place at least once. And who knows, they can always improve things. I had heard that Tony's Town Square Restaurant had improved quite a bit, whereas I know they used to get pretty spotty reviews themselves.