1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Manchester Airport Hotels

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Wendy, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I need to book the night before we fly out and as we have never flown from Manchester before I am completely at a loss about where to stay.

When we fly from Gatwick, we always stay at the Hilton as it is only a short walk to the airport.

So, where would you stay at Manchester, I've looked at the Radisson, is the the only hotel that is actually attached to the hotel and is the walk to the terminal very far :unsure:
  2. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

No but why spend so much money?... we always stay at the Travel lodge, Rungar lane. and they have a shuttle every 15 mins to the airport.. takes 5 mins. Travel lodge is about £50 per room per night and you can get a decent breakfast if you want. Plus T/L do offers during the year for rooms at £29 per night sometimes for any time of the year. I have done the Raddisson and while very nice it is a huge amount added on to your hols... but if money is no object and you want to treat yourself then Radisson is the way to go for us too. It has a covered walkway to the terminal... one of those moving belts you walk on if it's too much to walk, cos it can be quite a ways if you're lugging luggage I suppose. Plus you can go shopping at the airport the night before. HTH.
  3. Wendy

Thanks Helly :hug2: the only reason we were thinking of the Radisson was because I want to try and protect my knee as much as I can before we fly :sigh: I've looked at the prices and :wow: I normally pay that or less for breakfast and dinner at the Hilton :sigh:

The moving belt sounds good :thumbsup: that should help a lot :yes:

I am completely at a loss with Manchester :lol: I have no idea where anything is, where the car rentals are to drop the car off and I don't think they do twilight either do they :unsure:
  4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

No twilight Wendy :(
    We stayed at the Radisson for our last trip and have booked it again for December.
    It depends on which car park you book as to how far it is from the hotel. We use the short stay (even though it is a month) and you basically step out of your car and cross the road to the terminal.
    From here, it took us about 4/5 minutes to get to the check in desk of the Radisson with our luggage.

We used OLCI before we left for the airport so that we just had a baggage drop to do the next morning.

We splashed out and had room service for breakfast which was actually very nice.
  5. Wendy

We won't have our car because we are flying back into Gatwick, so it will be a rental, more than likely Avis because they do a good one way rental rate.

Do you need to print up boarding passes if you do OLCI :unsure: this is all new territory to me :lol: We are going up sometime on the Wednesday so would I be able to check in before we leave home :unsure:

I'm getting a rate of £145 including breakfast for a standard room - is that about right :unsure: on their own site they are charging more than that :nono:
  6. Isafari

:yes: you print out your boarding passes at home. You can do OLCI 24 hours before your flight leaves. It's so simple even I can do it :D

That's pretty steep....I think! We have managed to get a rate of £79 for the night but that was because we booked way in advance and, it is non refundable if we change our minds.
    I can't remember the exact date you are leaving but, a rough guess of the date got me £125 with Radisson direct.
  7. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

I was told to never ever book direct, always costs way more... why? I have no blimmin' idea. You will love the Rad if you stay there.
  8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I know of a great b&b in Stone where you and Chris would have been more than welcome to spend the night before you fly out Wendy.
    The only problem is that the owners will be away in Florida at the time of your departure! :lol:
  9. Wendy

:taunt: well that's just not good enough :wink: :lol: :lol:
  10. Isafari

I managed it by guessing the wrong date :D
    Why is that date so expensive.:unsure:
    I did another guess last night (before I saw this post) and put in the Friday 18th September....and got £59.25 for a room!
  11. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

And I can personally vouch for that B&B. The owners are absolutely fabulous people.