1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

March Madness - The FOOD - Biergarten

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Beccaberry, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Today, we visit the holyland...

[​IMG]

Lunch at Biergarten...and by lunch, I mean more Incriminator. The boy was downright giddy with excitement.

I don't have any photos of the food...of course you knew we wouldn't...it wasn't about the food. (Though it was tasty :wink: You can view the menu here.)

Jon ordered a litre of the Abbreviator. A LITRE. I thought he was going to need a knife and fork to finish it ;) Now do you see why the menu didn't matter a whit?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were encouraged to enjoy lunch at a leisurely pace as Oktoberfest Musikanten did not play their first set until around 1:15. We were *not* disappointed! These guys are FANTASTIC!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ticky Tocky, Ticky Tocky, HOY HOY HOY!

[​IMG]

MORE COWBELL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the end of our meal, Jon was presented with a *lovely* birthday card from the CM's as well as a YUMMY looking gingerbread cookie :D

[​IMG]

The boy and his kingdom...

[​IMG]

2. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Glad you were able to enjoy at a leisurely pace!

I felt quite rushed when we went - but then I would have stayed all night if you'd let me! :yes:

3. Beccaberry

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised as well! She made certain to mention to us several times that there was no rush...something we were very appreciative of. Of all our meals, she was indeed one of our most attentive servers!

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Glad you had a good time and Jon enjoyed the beer :D

We are going to eat at Biergarten this year just because we haven't before so I loved the photos - you don't seem to see many around.

Not sure how I will get on with the food being as fussy as a I am, as long as there is potato salad though I am happy :lol:

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The potatoes are quite good :yes: I don't even remember what I ate. I was stuffed though.

Our server was from West Virginia......which was odd because she did have a decidedly German accent. I'm still trying to figure this one out.

They didn't rush us at all. We were one of the first people seated for lunch and we stayed for quite some time. Rebecca forgets to mention that Jon also had another half liter of beer.

The liter was only $12! Quite a deal I think.

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Its not a place I would consider off the top of my head, but sounds like you had a great time, and 12 for aliter sounds really good!

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I thought you said no photos of food?! :mental: There is BREAD in your photo!!!! :mental: BREAD I tell ya'!!!! Warn a body next time will ya'! :eek:

Why does Jon look so unfamiliar? :unsure: I thought you'd posted his photo before? :unsure: Are there two Jons? :unsure: Have you switched Jons? :eek: Has Jon switched Beccas? :lipwobble:

8. Tink

The performer on the guitar has been there forever. :yes: He reminds me of an engineer I used to work with. It's funny to see him age. :) First time I saw him was 1996. :yes: :sigh:

How can that have been 13 years ago? :unsure:

9. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

And that is the face of a truly happy man! :yes:

I love the band, very entertaining. I am a picky eater, but found enough to eat.

10. Beccaberry

I *knew* you were going to spot that!! The pretzel bread was soooo yummy :sorry:

Hmmmm I think I've only ever posted one photo of Jon, and that was after his "polar plunge" (in which he was bright blue from being so cold :wink: so maybe that's why you don't recognize him?)

I assure you there is ONLY one Jon, and it's the same Jon, and I HOPE he never switches Becca's :D

This was the first time I'd seen the band, they were FANTASTIC! Isn't it nice though to come back each year and see familiar faces?

11. Beccaberry

I'm not typically a fan of "German" food (inasmuch as this was actually "German"), but I found plenty to tempt the palate here...I think I could have made a meal on the bread! (Loved the massive loafs of "faux bread" separating the buffets that read "FOR DECORATION ONLY" :laugh: )

He was indeed happy :)

12. Tink

I love their pretzel bread and their rye. :yes: They used to have chicken schnitzel on the buffet. It was heaven. :D I like their spaetzle too (usually) but am not a fan of sauerbraten so don't care for the gravy.

That's what I'm comparing it to, the Polar Bear dunk. :yes: Maybe I was looking at the wrong dude? :unsure:

At any rate. Handsome man, Becca. Now don't rush off and tell him I said that. Doesn't do to give him a big head, eh? :wink: :lol:

13. Beccaberry

LOL! Maybe you were! Our friend Eric also took the plunge :)

No worries, I will not be rushing off to tell him that as Dorothy and Johnie already tell him too often for his own good :wink: