1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Mark Hamill in Talks to Reprise Role in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Wendy, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Mark Hamill revealed that George Lucas, who will serve as a creative consultant on the film, has approached him and the original trilogy’s other stars to appear in the new film. He explained:

“They’re talking to us. George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we’d be interested. He did say that if we didn’t want to do it, they wouldn’t cast another actor in our parts; they would write us out. I can tell you right away that we haven’t signed any contracts. We’re in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed — on their end, not mine. They’re more busy than I am.”

Hamill also explained his desire to have all his surviving co-stars appear in the new film, including Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, and Tony Daniels.