1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Mediterranean cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Suebeattie, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Oh no :eek:!!!!! I've been looking at the Mediterranean cruises and ........... I want to go!!
    It looks fantastic but it's quite a lot of money, I think anyway.
    In august next year for a 7 night cruise in a outside cabin with a veranda for 2 adults and a baby it's £2600! And thats not including flights or anything to get there.
    Does that seem a lot or quite reasonable for Disney cruise line? We wouldn't be going next year but possibly the year after. :)

:wiggle:

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Seems about right to me. Do it, says I. But of course, I would. :yes:

Keep in mind that all your food is included. All of it. Meals, snacks, etc. The only extras you'd have from a cost perspective would be any adult beverages, souvenirs, and any "special" meals you might want to partake of (Palo dinner or brunch).

If I could get over there I'd go to! It's definitely worth it!

Tom :)macwave:... DCL addict! :sail:)

3. Suebeattie

I'm desperate to do it, in an ideal world it would be a Caribbean, Hawaiian, or Alaskan one but that would be in my dreams. The med one is close and would be a good taster for cruising.
    My mum and dad were meant to be doing a Caribbean one but had to cancel it so I might be suggesting this to them. They have DVC so could use that :D

4. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I agree, do it, life is too short not to. You can't take money with you!!! What does that translate in dollars?

5. Suebeattie

I think it is about $3500 to $4000. Just need to do some saving and persuading the husband :cool:

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

My first ever cruise was a Mediterranean out of Ancona, Italy many moons ago. I don't remember how much it cost but it was fantastic. I would love to do another with the love of my life.

7. Suebeattie

Awww that's really sweet!!! They are going out of Barcelona now I think. Oooo just thought that might be a nice 5 year wedding anniversary celebration for us?!?! Will I be able to persuade DH that the 5th anniversary is a cruise :confused:?

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We looked into a DCL cruise over Christmas for three of us (two adults and one child) and it was just a bit over $4000. I don't honestly remember how many days though. Out of Port Canaveral.

Needless to say, we'll not be going this year. (Thought it might be nice for the boy, even though we weren't thrilled with DCL when we went without him).

9. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`d highly recommend the Med cruise with DCL. :yes:
    I still reckon that this [or the DCL Baltic Cruise] were the best cruises that we have done so far [although they were 10 day cruises at the time].
    My only issue is that it did seem very hectic as we were visiting a different country on almost every day so there wasn`t much in the way of a rest day while you are at sea.
    I can`t comment on the cost though as it was a few years ago since we did that cruise, but it you can afford it then go for it, you definitely won`t be disappointed that`s for sure. :yes: