1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Memorable Character Experiences

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I've been looking back through old photos and it's been bringing back some wonderful memories of times with the characters.

Here is one of mine :)

When we went with our friends to WDW one Christmas we were in Animal Kingdom in Dinoland and Goofy and Pluto were there for a meet and greet. Livvy (our friends' youngest daughter) was with us and said she wanted to meet them, so off we went to join the line, she was 5 at the time. We joined the line quite late and it was time for Goofy and Pluto to go for their break, she burst into tears, but the CM assured her they were just going for a drink and a snack and would be back.

When they came back her face lit up and she was so excited, when it was her turn and they made such a huge fuss of her, they sat on the floor and cuddled and played with her and she had lots of photos taken with them, I've never known a Photopass Photographer to take so many.

She still talks about it now.

What memories do you have of special times with a character.

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

On our first trip with Tatiana who was 18months at the time we had breakfast at Ohana. For some reason it took a very long time to get our breakfast and so we got two rounds of characters.

The first round all characters were pretty weary of Tatiana, they approached cautiously and on her terms, but Tatiana was IN LOVE with them! Especially Pluto and Mickey!

The second time around, they knew they had a green light with the toddler.. Mickey surprised her from behind and then hugged her and let her kiss his nose...

Then Pluto came along... he got down on all fours, approached as a dog would, started moving Tatiana's arm with his nose until she turned around and saw him, and then he fell belly up on the floor, at which point Tatiana got down and started tickling his tummy! He then sat, and Tatiana sat on his leg :) She loved it! And all the tables around us loved it too, I think they took more pictures than we did, since it was totally unexpected! LOVED IT!

The second one was this last trip, we had dinner at CRT and when we came out MK was packed for Wishes so we couldnt make our way out from under the Castle. The CMs let us stay and watch Wishes from beneath the Castle, right outside CRT, to our surprise, Cinderella came out to watch Wishes, and she stood right behind the girls... I will never forget Tatiana's face when Cindy touched her shoulder (she turned around, Im assuming thinking it was me) to see Cindy right behind her! They held hands and clapped and just enjoyed the experience so so much! Natalia loved it too, she kept looking up at Cindy instead of at the fireworks!

... Disney magic at its best!

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh Mari, they are priceless moments :yes:

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I guess our most memorable experience would have been several years ago when Liberty Tree Tavern still had characters. We had Donna's Mom with us on her first and only trip, and to let you know how long ago this was, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was still running. We were sitting at the table and Pluto came up behind me and put his mouth over my head. Of course Mom and Donna both had seen him coming but they managed to keep straight faces.

5. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I love this thread. :)

I have two favorites. First was maybe my second trip to Disney; I think I was in 4th grade or so. We went with my mom's boyfriend (who she's still with). He's sort of a serious character, not really one to let his hair down or loosen up too much, but we saw a whole other side of him at Disney. We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern when they were still doing their character dining, and Chip sneaked up behind Kevin (mom's bf) and wrapped his arms around his neck in the biggest hug ever. Mom and I said later we half thought Kevin would have karate flipped him over the table or something, just out of surprise, but instead we snagged a photo of him with the biggest, goofiest, most genuine smile I've ever seen him make to this day. It was glorious.

My other favorite was on my last trip on our honeymoon. My DH and I are HUGE Phineas and Ferb fans, and although the line to wait for them was probably one of the longest of the trip, it was SO worth it and became one of my favorite memories of the whole trip. When we finally got to the front, we were hugging them and I think my husband (although it could have been me) told Ferb that I LOVED him, and Ferb grabbed me, put my arm in his arm, and ran off with me through the crowd, leaving Phineas and my new husband behind, sort of scratching their heads. When we went back he gave me a huge kiss and a hug. It was precious, and the little kid in me swooned. :)

6. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I also have two favorite moments and I think they were both on the same trip. The first one was 10-11 years ago and we were in Frontier Land watching the late parade. It had just finished raining therefore It wasn't very crowded. Along comes a float with Snow White on it and the float stops right where we are standing and Snow White waves to my son who was about 5 years old, my son was in heaven and then all of a sudden Snow White comes off of her float and walks over to my son and planted a kiss on his cheek leaving a lipstick smooch on his face. The kid was in absolute heaven and absolutely tried his hardest to not wash his face for a coupe of days.
    The second memory was also in MK, we were leaving after a long day and EMH night. When we got to the front of the Castle Mickey and Minnie were there greeting the guests. When it was our turn my daughter who was almost 2 was fast asleep in her stroller. Mickey put his finger to his mouth to Shhhh everyone and posed with her and gave her a Mickey kiss all while she was asleep. Somewhere in my house I have photos and video of that moment.
    Those moments are the reason why we keep on coming back every year.

7. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Mine is brief but magical. It was the morning we had to go home and I was a bit sad to be leaving. We we having coffee at one of the tables in Sleepy Hollow. Suddenly Mickey came through a doorway, waved at me and left through another door. It was so quick that DH didn't have time to photograph it but the image will be in my head forever.

8. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

As much fun as Mom and I had watching Pluto sneaking up on John, I loved watching Mom having some one on one time with Minnie! She was like s little kid with her favorite character.

We also had a memorable moment at DHS when we took my younger brother on his first WDW trip. He really wanted to get his photo with Eeyore. - his daughter's favorite character. Just as it was our turn with Eeyore, Tigger came out of nowhere and kept blocking the photographer. It took a moment for my brother to catch on, but we ended up with some great pictures - including the one he got in line for!

And I'll never forget watching my granddaughters walking hand in hand through Fantasyland with Peter Pan! Oh Disney gives me such great memories!

9. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

My mom's favorite character is Minnie too, and she gets the same way. :) It just fills up your heart, doesn't it?

10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

When our little guy, was a really little guy, he LOVED the women face characters. In the UK, Mary Poppins was there as was Alice.

He hugged and hugged and hugged and HUGGED Mary. At one point she asked sweetly, "Don't you want to hug Alice?" He shook his little head no and went right back to hugging her.

Then about the same time, we saw Snow White and when he approached she crouched down to get closer to his height. He did the same! :lol:

During one of those early entry mornings, someone came clop clopping up behind us in the MK. It was Mickey! We were the only ones there and it was great.