1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Merchandise Card???

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by Freckles, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Freckles

Freckles Earning my ears

Has anyone heard of this?? Apparently Disney has pin/code sent to emails for upcoming vacationers....you can purchase a MC worth $500 for $395, $600 for $455 & $1000 for $695????? I hear that they are sending them out around 18-19 days prior to your arrival. 407-939-7761 is the number but not everyone can take advantage..have to have a pin on your reservation????? This is only for merchandise-not food or tickets, upgrades etc.
  2. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Where did you hear about this, Freckles? Smells slightly scam-ish to me...If I got one of these I'd be calling my local Better Business Bureau to see what they could tell me about it. But maybe I'm just jaded.
    :shrug1:
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Well I have heard of it yep :yes: I read about it last year. I don't know how many people got the PIN but it sounded like quite a good deal to me for those that did!

As you say, you had to have been sent a PIN code and if you weren't then you can't buy one (just like the special PIN code savings that are sent to people).

There were some restrictions

"This Credit -- which is supposed to be valid at over 150 locations at the WDW Resort and, more importantly, has no expiration date -- does come with a few conditions. Chief among these being that:

The Walt Disney World Merchandise Credit may not be used towards the payment of a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel room night or reservation or a Disney Cruise Line reservation, aboard Disney Cruise Line, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, spa services and products, personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping, recreation activities, or tours.

The Walt Disney World Merchandise Credit is also not accepted at Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, Virgin Megastore, Wyland Galleries and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort."
  4. Freckles

Freckles Earning my ears

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get that pin!!! Although our trip is 17 days away-I don't think we will be getting one. I just may call the # to see if it's attached to our reservation-I guess it wouldn't hurt!