1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Isafari, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Is Mickey's Backyard BBQ mainly for kids?
    Thinking about giving it a try this summer but will do SW's Makahiki Lua again if the BBQ is a 'kid thing'

We have only seen the Christmas Makahiki Lua before so I'm curious to try the regular show.

2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

It is child based because of the dancing with the characters etc. You sit on long picnic style benches with other people and just go up to the servery and help yourself to food. The entertainment - other than the characters - is a country band and we had a lasoo (sp?) man!

We have done it twice, really enjoyed the first time as it was October and quiet, still had a great time the second time but it was much busier!

I would do it as just adults but I also think I would personally prefer it in a larger group of people.

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think it is totally kid oriented... and its loud :)

Having said that, WE, meaning TOño and I had a BLAST... we enjoyed the music (not much of a show, but there was a cowboy doing some rope thingy) we had fun watching OTHER kids dancing, not just Tatiana, and although the meal is simple, it really did feel like being in a backyard, maybe a neighborhood bbq... it was delicious, and its an all you can eat type of place, plus since you sit at long picnic tables, there's a lot of interaction with other people...

We would definitely do it again

4. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I went many years ago we were in a large group had lots of fun but i dont think i would do it again

5. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We have done the backyard BBQ twice and it is definitely kid oriented. I couldnt see me going there without the kids. It is a great opportunity for Character time for the kids. I have some great photos/ video of my kids dancing with Mickey and Minnie.

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Looks like I should give it a miss then :lol:
    Think I'm going to book the SW Makahiki Luau instead. We have been before but it was the Christmas show so we'll give the original show a go too.