1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Mickey's Backyard BBQ ?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disney1sttimer, May 27, 2011.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

I thought the only shows were the luau and the hoop dee doo but I've just read something called Mickey's Backyard BBQ ? Does anyone have any details

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Why yes! Now that you mention it, we do. :yes:

Right here on Secrets!

Tom :)macwave:... mmmmm.... BBQ!)

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

On Keith and Lisa's recommendation, we are going to give this a try this year :D

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I've often wanted to try this but thought it may have been mainly for the smaller children - would love to hear different.

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

It would be better if there weren't any children there! :wink:

I really like it - I would actually go with just adults, a group of adults would be better :yes: Obviously the character dancing etc is mainly for the kids and that part can get a bit pushy but I certainly wouldn;t let that stop you getting up and joining in! The country band are pretty good and then there is the man with a lassoo (sp!). It's help yourself barbeque food and drink and you sit on long picnic tables, there is a roof but no sides to the venue so it can be cancelled if the weather is very bad.

6. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We have done Mickeys BBQ twice. To be honest it is not my fave but my daughter loves it. We have a great video of her square dancing with Mickey from a few years ago. The food is ok at best and the entertainment is also just ok. There is a country music band and a cowboy who does a few lasso tricks. I don't feel the need to go back and would much rather go to Hoop Dee Doo.

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

aint that the truth :lol: mind you I tend to feel that way about the plane and the whole of Disney :lol:

Anyway yeah it's worth a mindless brain-off evening of fun but the hoop is a lot better IMHO