1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party???

Discussion in 'General' started by kimb28, Jun 25, 2011.

1. kimb28

kimb28 Earning my ears

I am traveling to the parks in September and was wondering if it would be worth it for 2 grownups to splurge on the MNSSHP or should we just watch the fireworks from the beach at Polynesian? I don't care about candy and we will be doing extra magic hours for MK 2 days before.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

hmmm tough call that.

Normally I'd say splurge! we're 2 grownups with no sticky kids to worry about :lol: and we love the halloween party. The atmosphere is great and the candy grabbing well, it's a bit of fun :lol: ( we got quite competitive as to who got the most candy... dw was winning until we exited the park and a cast member liked my halloween outfit and emptied a huge bag of candy into mine :D )

BUT is it *worth* the money. Well. it's expensive I guess, the halloween parade is awesome, the candy is nice, the atmosphere all makes it worth it for me but with you doing EMHs the other nights you may be on MK overload!

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I love MNSSHP :D

It's only the 2 of us, we don't have children, but if we are there when the party is on then we go on one of the evenings. We have been 3 times now and there are still things that we haven't been able to see or fit in. There are lots of characters out, it's the only time I can remember seeing Snow White and the 7 dwarfs. Cinderellas Carriage is out so you can have your photo taken :D Haunted Mansion is brilliant :D As Keith said you can collect candy and there is a lot of it :lol: We had so much last time, we had to leave it in the house for the cleaners because it was too much weight to take home with us :lol: :lol:

It is expensive, but we don't stay onsite so we don't get the benefit of EMH. If you can afford the extra then I would say go for it :D

4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We did MNSSHP 2 years ago and it was great. We didnt realize that it was going on until we arrived.We also werent sure if we wanted to spend the extra money on it and I am so glad we did. It was a blast and would love to do it again.

5. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

I was wondering the same thing, we are staying at disney so im not sure if weather to spend the extra money,

Also I dont know if my 3 year old will still be awake to appreciate the night.

Kate

6. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

I love MNSSHP :D

id do it everytime as we go in oct. yes its expensive, we go as soon as your allowed in, we spend the day at the villa by the pool. so really its just another days ticket for us :) the kids love it too and they were 23 & 19 last trip :D

7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There is an early parade for younger children with the fireworks just after. I think it would depend on how late your little one is used to staying up. When we went with our friends, their youngest was 5 and she was OK until about 10pm and then she was tired so they left.

If it was me, I would probably get her to have a sleep in the afternoon, and then go to the party. A lot of the children wear fancy dress - quite a few adults as well :D If you've got her stroller, she could always sleep in that if it was getting later.

8. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

If you love Hallow'een, then definitely go. :yes:
    We're 2 adults and we loved it. We both dressed up a bit and had a fun evening, with lots of cheery conversations with CMs etc. :witchhat:

9. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

It's scary! :ghost:

And fun! :wiggleboo:

[video=youtube;v-OwOGsQfVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OwOGsQfVk[/video]

We do it every time we're down there at Halloween time. Ergo, the above video! That was from when we were down there with Mr. and Mrs. Slowhand.

Tom :)macwave:... grim grinning ghosts... and all that!)

10. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i seem to remember a lil devil one year ;)

11. kimb28

kimb28 Earning my ears

Thanks everyone for your responce!

I think we have decided to spend some of the afternoon in MK (after park hopping from AK) so we can see some of the decorations. Then at 7ish we will head over to the Polynesian, watch the fireworks, and have dinner at 'Ohana.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I work in childcare and get to do the Halloween thing full blast in October (including decorating my classroom for our annual Boo Bash). My travel companion isn't really into the whole dress-up thing. Both being Pooh sized we can do without the candy! We are going to spend the $50 on dinner in Epcot another evening.

:potato:

12. kimb28

kimb28 Earning my ears

So, I had a change of heart and ordered tickets. I figure it's probably a once in a lifetime chance (normally I go to FL in February). Now I just have to decide whether or not to wear a costume, and what it will be.

13. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ah, you'll have a fun time. :yes: Dress up as anything you please! You'll be surprised how many adults do dress up. It's the only time adults are allowed to dress up at WDW.

But do spend an evening having dinner at EPCOT.

14. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

We been to the MNSSHP Twice and we loved it both! It such fun!b:yes:

I quite like seeing people dressing up and the fireworks is different from the general wishes.

Do go! :bounce: