Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and dozens of their other Disney pals help ring in the festive spirit of the holiday season during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom.

On select nights from Nov. 7 – Dec. 19, guests with tickets to this special, after-hours event can enjoy an evening filled with all the magic and wintry wonderment of the season, complete with complimentary hot cocoa and cookies, snow flurries falling on Main Street, U.S.A., as well as a jolly parade and breathtaking fireworks show.

New this year, Queen Elsa from “Frozen†uses her incredible powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a glistening ice palace for the holidays in the “Castle Dream Lights Celebration†and “A Frozen Holiday Wish†stage show. The castle, draped in 200,000 shimmering white lights, will be transformed nightly by Elsa with Anna, Kristoff and Olaf cheering her on.

Twice during party nights, guests can enjoy “Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade†and watch as more than 160 performers, 12 floats and catchy Christmas music light up the streets of the Magic Kingdom. New to the parade in 2014, Ralph and Vanellope from “Wreck-It Ralph,†and a processional featuring Queen Elsa and Princess Anna, along with their pals Olaf and Kristoff, join in the frosty festivities.

Festive floats, toy soldiers, gingerbread men, skiers and ice skaters bring the sights, sounds and even the smells of the holidays to life at 8:30 and 10:30 each night of the party.

Sweet aromas of peppermint and gingerbread leap out of the kitchen and onto Main Street, U.S.A. from Goofy’s Candy Company and the Bake Shoppe floats, while the scents of fresh-cut evergreens and pine trees wafts from the Christmas Tree and the Ski Shoppe float.

Jolly Disney characters come together in two live entertainment shows, both sure to please guests of all ages. Mickey Mouse gives Minnie Mouse a gift, and Goofy, Donald and others come together to perform their own version of The Nutcracker in the “Celebrate the Season Show†on the Cinderella Castle stage. Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and Stitch fight holiday gloom and attempt to track down Santa Claus across the galaxy in the “Totally Tomorrowland Christmas†show. This jubilant show held in Tomorrowland is chock full of the season’s coolest dance numbers.

Guests can hoot and holler with the Country Bears, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar and Clara Cluck, at the “Holiday Hootenanny!†held inside the Diamond Horseshoe in Frontierland. Over in Tomorrowland at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, Club Tinsel welcomes Christmas vacation with brothers Phineas and Ferb, who are hosting a holiday dance party of their own.

2014 party dates are: Nov. 7 (sold out), 10 (sold out), 13, 14, 16, 20 (sold out), 21 and 30. Dec. 2, 4, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 19. For ticket prices* or to purchase tickets for this special holiday party, guests may visit Disneyworld.com or call 407/WDW-7679. The party starts at 7 p.m., but party guests with tickets will be allowed admission into Magic Kingdom beginning at 4 p.m. on party nights.

Day guests will get to experience “Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade†as the parade is presented in place of Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade from Dec. 20-31.

Attached Files:

2. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    Must say I enjoyed it this year :yes:

It didn't seem *TOO* busy, I loved the frozen references and Elsa lighting the castle.

We were on our way to main street for the late parade and being herded like cattle by the numerous CMs when I spotted a free table outside Caseys! I thought hmm perhaps it's reserved or you can't sit there or something but anyway, sat down there and whilst everyone around was being moved on, we had a nice, if side on, view of the whole parade! Every time someone stopped in front of us, the CMs dutifully moved them on because the path had to be kept clear for people to leave which was great :lol:

3. robertcraig

robertcraig Active Member

retired
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Would love to be at w d w at christmas

4. keith

Home Page:
    yeah I'm going to miss it a bit this year. We're normally there in December and although we were able to do the party and see a lot of christmassy decorations, not EVERYTHING was ready.

5. robertcraig

robertcraig Active Member

retired
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    When does Christmas start at Disney

6. uscwest

uscwest Active Member

Robert, it starts almost as soon as the F&W and Halloween festivities are over. But if you want to see the parks AND the resorts in full bloom try for late November - Early December

7. Isafari

Isafari Active Member

We normally don't arrive until the last date of MVMCP so have never been. I can't work out what we miss as the parade, shows, snowfall etc are all showing once MVMCP ends but on a regular day/night at MK.
    I think you get hot chocolate at MVMCP but I can't imagine that is the only difference for the price of the tickets.

So, what else do you get for your money? :)
    Maybe one year we will catch the last date.

8. keith

Home Page:
    The main thing is that there are less tickets sold than on a normal christmas week so you've got a lot better wait times for the rides (someone once said that if ALL tickets were sold, the park would be a 20% of capacity). There are special meet and greets around the park and indeed, we don't normally do any character greets but when they're walking around the parks talking to you, you can't avoid it :lol: This year some of the rarer seen characters were around with zero queues. Then there's hot chocolate, cookies, apple slices etc and it's quite cool to get some from say crystal palace and stop for a few mins to enjoy.

There are then special dance parties and celebrations round the place like at Cosmic Rays for example. Although I know you can get some of those in Christmas week too.

Is it really worth the dosh? well that's for everyone to decide for themselves but it does have a nice atmosphere and I do enjoy the quieter park.

9. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Active Member

Housewife.
    Well.... This was our first time and we certainly wouldn't do it again. It was packed, which we hadn't expected. We joined the queue for Jack but luckily a CM whispered to us that it would be an hour so we bailed.
    Although the park looked nice, the parade was good and the castle pretty it wasn't worth the money for us.
    I was, however, very impressed with the CMs and the organisation.

10. keith

Home Page:
    Sounds like we've gone round Disney having the complete opposite experiences :lol: you loved DTD and I thought it was a construction site, you had problems with queues at the party and I was wandering round seeing meets with no queue at all! weird isn't it how things can be so different. I guess different days etc.

11. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Active Member

Housewife.
    It does! That's a good thing though, it shows newbies that everyone can have different views of WDW. :)

12. keith

Home Page:
    for sure! :yes: