1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Micky Dolenz at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 20, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

When you’re part of a family, you try to take care of things for one another. Forty-five years ago, four young performers changed from complete strangers to a literal band of brothers, named Micky, Davy, Mike and Peter. The Monkees were a lightning-in-a-bottle international entertainment phenomenon. And in Epcot’s World Showcase, where great nations of the world share culture, flavor and fun, it became a tradition for Davy Jones to perform during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival’s Flower Power Concert Series.

After he learned of the untimely passing of the Manchester, England-born song and dance man, and how it rocked his legions of fans, Micky stepped up to continue the Epcot tradition. He has been performing live on the America Gardens Theatre stage this weekend with his last appearance tonigh, Sunday 20th May at 5.15, 6.30 and 7.45pm.

Micky is the first to agree that there is no way to replace his friend. “David was the brother I never had,” he says. “I only wish I didn’t have to appear in his place, but rather perform beside him — which I did as a surprise last year during a few of his concerts.”

[video=youtube;wQc-7yOOXIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQc-7yOOXIk&hd=1[/video]​
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We thought about going, but won't be able to make it. :sigh:
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Still can't hardly believe he's gone. :sorry:

But Dolenz is a great alternative.