1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Mission Impossible: Be Our Guest Dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by DisneyFreak, Jun 16, 2014.

1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Cue the music.......

Your mission should you choose to accept it involves trying to get a dinner reservation for 8 guests at Be Our Guest in December of this year.

Unfortunately I accepted this mission and have so far failed. Today is our 180 day mark. I tried online at the earliest time allowable by Disney. No dice! So I called this morning at the earliest possible time and the reservationist shot me down. There are no open tables for the entire week we are there. One thing working against us was that on any night of MVMCP they do not accept reservations past 7pm. That left us with four days with only a 3-hour dinner window.

The good news? For anyone staying at a Disney resort and were not able to get a reservation, Disney is giving the entire party a fast pass for lunch at BOG. At the sixty day mark you can go to a web address that they gave us over the phone and make a fast past reservation.

So the mission is still a go! I must not fail! Lives (mine) and stomachs are depending on me!!

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

There's definitely something going on with BoG dinner reservations IMHO. They've become just impossible to get and whereas they were HARD they're now CRAZY hard. I wonder if people are booking loads of them even with the credit card holds and then cancelling or just thinking disney wont charge anyway. Perhaps there's a forum somewhere with people booking at 180+10 for other people or something.

3. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Friday was my 180 day mark...I called and got the exact day and time I wanted. I had to call at 7am because the online system wasn't accepting the +10 days. Going for my birthday on 12/16. There are only 3 of us though, so that might be the difference.

So sorry you couldn't get a reservation. You can try to walk up. I snagged a walk up in August. I was there as soon as they opened and they told me no, but to check back later. Went back about 1.5 hours later and got in! Keep trying online as often as you can...sometimes you can get in.

4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

We managed to book this by ringing the reservation number but we decided to work around this booking. We managed to have a table two days before flying home and this was March!

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

perhaps that's where I was going wrong :( I was trying the online system 180+10 and nothing was working. By the time we went in May, we asked at guest services for any evening of our 16night stay in November and it had nothing for any date