1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

MNSSHP

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We have been to this for about 4 years running and we've been talking about doing different things this time and neither of us are sure whether we want to go to the party or not.

What would you do, it's quite expensive to go and we don't dress up so as we have seen it all before do you think it's worth it :unsure:

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

well, obviously to each their own and if neither of you fancy it then that's that. There's certainly no shortage of other things to do.

*BUT* :lol: I love the halloween party. It's the thing I miss most going in December because the christmas party is just nowhere near as good.

I love the atmosphere, the parade and the whole feel really :)

3. Wendy

We love the atmosphere, but it's always the same and we were wondering whether if we missed a year it would seem better when we went again :lol:

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

well yeah that's a point for sure.

I couldn't miss it... there've been times I've been tempted to fly out JUST for the party :lol: I really do enjoy that evening

I guess you could try universal? or seaworld.. see what they do for halloween

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We go almost every time we are there at this time of year also, but I don't think we have it in our plans this year. It probably wouldn't hurt if you missed it.

6. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Addicted to Mickey

We've done it twice and are doing it again this year. We enjoy the party atmosphere, the trick or treating, and the fireworks display (which is different from Wishes) is pretty awesome.
    Plus doing some of the rides in the dark, dressed up in an outfit, is always fun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Wendy

I'm already caving :lol: Chris says he isn't bothered either way, he just thought it would be good to give it a rest this year. The only think I'm thinking though, is next year we are going early as it is our silver wedding anniversary and I'm not sure we will still be there when the party begins :unsure:

Arrgghhhhh, decisions, decisions :lol:

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well whatever you do, don't go to Universal for their Halloween "celebration." They always choose a very gory theme, and it's definitely not for the likes of you and I! :eek:

Some folks really enjoy their very different (from Disney) experience there, but I can't even bear to look at the billboard adverts. :nono:

If you are tired of it, give it a miss. If it ends up you miss it for two years, that's ok too. You'll have time for something new or different to do and a two year hiatus might be just what you need to renew interest when you return to attending the party.

We thought we'd never miss some Disney events and have gone on to do so (like NYE) and had no problem with the "missing" and found renewed enjoyment when we returned to going back to the event.

9. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

If you don't go this time you'll enjoy it even more the next time you go. :)
    Do a bit of research and see if there's any other celebrations that you would enjoy.
    I agree witb Tink, don't go to Universal. It's not for us nervous types. :eek:

10. Wendy

You wouldn't get me to Universal for Halloween if you paid me :lol: