1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

MNSSHP

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Tishypops, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

I was just wondering if someone could could tell me how it all works, are you able to go in before 7pm and stay in or do you have to come out and go back in again once the event has started?
    :shrug1:
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I love this special evening, we go every year and I don't think I could miss a year now :D

You can enter the park from 4pm onwards, you will show your ticket and then you are given a wrist strap which will show CMs that you have paid for the party. You will also get a bag for trick or treating, if you need anymore you can pick tem up from the Candy Stations around the park.

If you are already in the park, just go to Guest Services at the MK show them your MNSSHP ticket and they will give you a wrist band.

I would think it would be a long day staying in the park all day though because the party finishes at 12am.

There is a special Boo To You Parade which is in my opinion the best parade there is at WDW, it begins with the headless horseman riding through the park, when he comes down Main Street, it is amazing. He is slower now than he used to be, I guess it's something to do with health and safety. It takes place twice on the night.

The Hallo Wishes fireworks are amazing as well, they are different to the normal Wishes and I think possibly better.

There are lots of Candy Stations where you go through, hold out your bag and the CMs drop candy in there. When we went one year with friends and their little one, Chris and he kept going through the same line twice if there were two CMs on either side :lol: they were like to naughty little boys :lol: You can also go around the park as many times as you like, we have seen people which more than one bag each and the CMs don't seem to worry about it.

There are also some brilliant photo opportunities, the hitch-hiking ghosts, and one by the Haunted Manion, oh and the Haunted Mansion for Halloween is better than ever, I won't give anything away :D

There are also special Halloween borders if you have Photopass which are really good as well.

Mickey and Minnie are dressed in Halloween costumes as are some of the other characters.

People dress up, yep :yes: they really do :lol: if you have a look here you can see some of the costumes, good and bad :lol: that people wear. If you don't want to see any parade pictures, don't scroll down any further than the man dressed as a prince waving the flies away :lol:

I love seeing the children all dressed up, they look so cute and you so get mum and dad in normal closthes whilst their children are dressed up.

What else would you like to know, oh and don't forget that I still have the reservation for Be Our Guest at 5pm on the 10th September which is a MNSSHP night if you want it.

I'm a tad biased as you can probably tell, I just love it :D
  3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Yes! Love the HM during this event :)

We, too, love this event - the parade is just amazing and the whole atmosphere of the park is just incredible...

Our tradition is to arrive at four and then have an earlyish dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern around 5 :) makes for a lovely evening!
  4. Tishypops

Thank you both for your feedback :)

I was thinking of doing a waterpark or something low key that day and see if I could convince DDs, or at least Gabriella to have a nap and then head over about 5ish just wasn't sure on if you had to go out and come back in but wrist bands are good so we dont have to worry about that.

I am really really excited about this more than anything else I think, I have wanted to do it since before I had even visited a disney park because I had heard about it.

We are definetly planning on dressing up, Abigail (DD7) is probably going to be Princess Leia a friend is going to "help" me make it (and by help I mean I will buy the material and she will do it for me) Anthony (DH) already has a Pirates of the Caribbean costume that he wore for halloween a few years ago so will be wearing that, I have seen an amazing idea for Darla from finding Nemo on Pintrest I just need to see if I can find the bits and bobs to do it and I need to think of something cool for Gabriella (DD6) it is really hard because they dont know we are going so I have to keep using the excuse of my friends 30th birthday party (she is having a movie theme) but she is not really interested in going to that so trying to pin her down to something is really tricky
  5. Tishypops

[/QUOTE]What else would you like to know, oh and don't forget that I still have the reservation for Be Our Guest at 5pm on the 10th September which is a MNSSHP night if you want it.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes thank you so much for that I am really grateful xxx
  6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

But, but, but... Wendy!

Your forgot the headless horseman! :eek:

[video=youtube_share;v-OwOGsQfVk]http://youtu.be/v-OwOGsQfVk[/video]​

Tom :)macwave:... at least I didn't get the back of Terry's head into the video! :shrug:)
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

She didn't forget Tom
  8. Tishypops

But I love the video anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Beccaberry

I do so love that "clip clop" sound :)
  10. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Oops. I think I need a course in remedial reading. Sorry Wendy! :sorry:

Tom :)macwave:... large "dummy" sign hanging over my head.)
  11. Wendy

No need to be sorry :hug2: I enjoyed watching the clip, thank you for sharing it :)
  12. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Hmmmm may have to give this a rethink and actually do the Halloween night.
    What is the likely hood of being able to get a ticket on the day?

:wiggle:
  13. Wendy

The closer to Halloween you get the more likely the tickets will be sold out, so it would be pot luck on the day.

If you are going in September or early October (sorry I can't remember) you might be lucky. If it's something you really want to do, then I would buy them now as the are cheaper if you pre-purchase.
  14. Suebeattie

Thanks Wendy

15. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

We're planning to buy our tickets soon for the night we will be there. I think we're planning to be there on the 27th of September, and we will be having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern that night, as well! :) I can't wait to see everything! We will have been at MK all day, so we will probably just have vaguely Halloween-themed outfits that day.

So am I to understand they do something special with the Haunted Mansion for the party?? I know in Disneyland they almost retheme the ride for Nightmare Before Christmas or something like that, but I didn't know if they did anything at WDW or not. OOOH NOW I AM MORE EXCITED!
  16. Beccaberry

Omg, Faythstar! You'll be there on the same evening as us! And eating at the same place! It's the boys official "21" birthday :)

We'll spend the day in EPCOT and then head over :)
  17. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

They have not yet turned the Haunted Mansion to the Nightmare before Christmas, but yes they do special stuff with it and I don't want to tell you what to spoil the surprise.
  18. Suebeattie

Woooo hoooo Halloween tickets all booked for 29th oct - my dads 60th birthday.
    Now the mission to come up with some good costume ideas for Zac and us. Then the even bigger mission is to convince everyone else to dress up.
    Costume ideas for kids and grown ups very welcome please :)

19. Wendy

:mental: Brilliant news and for your Dad's birthday as well.

One of the best groups I've seen, was mum dressed as Cruella and the rest of the family were dressed as dalmations, it was really effective.
  20. Beccaberry

Oh wow! What a fun night, Sue! I love that costume idea, Wendy!