Monday... Countdown begins

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by Deafjeff, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Well-Known Member

Training and Development Manager
    So we are on our last few days (more hysterical sobbing).

Opted to say goodbye to HS this morning, so got there just after rope drop and managed RnR twice, we managed to get the very end seats and TOT three times. It would have been twice but there was a small girl sobbing throughout the entire second time. Shame that the parents didn't take this obvious clue and not force their distraught child onto what is essentially a scary ride. Bit hard to concentrate on having fun when a girl behind you is gulping for air, and wailing like a banshee. It could have been the mother though. It was dark. I did manage to give the mother a dirty look.

So we did it a third time, with much better results. We were at the front which was a nice fitting to say 'see you later'. We felt that saying goodbye is too heart breaking for us.

Star Tours done also for the last time. Bit of shopping and then farewell HS. Caught the boat over to Epcot and attacked the food festival. Chinese, Japanese, French and Irish food stuffed down our faces as quickly as we could grab it. Om nom nom.

And of course, the weather (starting out as ridiculously hot and sunny) turns into a wet and grey affair the minute we decide we want to walk around World Showcase.

Twice around the world we go, then a quick go on Spaceship Earth and Mission Space. Then back over to America to meet Beccaberry and Jon and grab a couple of beers. Good chat for an hour and then off to Via Napoli for dinner.

Nice food, if a little on the small side. Via Napoli also awarded the prize for the coldest restaurant on site. Both sat there with two napkins on our laps, trying to get warm. Bit like when you see an old dear with a blanket over her legs when doing some knitting.

So, we are now both wet and cold so decide to forgo illuminations. Amble over to the bus and get straight on. And that's yet another day done.

There was a post on the forum before about how far you might walk in one day in Disney. Well, using the Apple health app, it noted that we walked 23,500 steps today. Given that 10,000 steps is roughly five miles, you can work out how far you might have to walk in one day.

View attachment 18388
    View attachment 18389
    View attachment 18390 View attachment 18391
    View attachment 18392

Attached Files:

2. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

You are having such a lovely time and not letting the miserably uncooperative weather hamper your fun at all!!
    We really like Via Napoli's pizza, but haven't had anything else there. Oh wait, maybe a dessert? I don't really remember. Ah yes, the doughnut things. :) Very nice.

Today dawned gray and gloomy again. I hope there is some sunshine in it for you. Saturday is supposed to be beautiful. :sorry:

When do you leave? I LOVE knowing you are both just a bit away, even if you haven't whatsapp'd me since day one. :sorry:

Enjoy every last second!!

3. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Well-Known Member

Sign Language Interpreter
    We leave tomorrow (sad face) . Sorry we've not messaged you more. But then other people would get jealous, and then there would be fights. And recriminations. Oh but then lots of making up afterwards. So silver lining there :)

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    I *may* have monopolized their time just a little. Just a tad.

5. Britchick

Britchick Well-Known Member

feeling sad for you :( but Jeff, can you not just do one photo with a nice smile? ;)

6. Deafjeff

Attached Files:

7. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Awww, such a handsome smile! :D

8. Britchick

Britchick Well-Known Member

Exactly! ;p

9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomeness :D
  10. Deafjeff

11. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I was wondering where my photo of the MK was :wink:

12. sarah

sarah Member

13. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    OK, thanks for sharing your trip with us. I love to live vicareously through the TRs, next best thing to being there yourself. and not you have me bumming out knowing exactly that feeling of the last day's events. It seems that so much time is spent planning, and daydreaming about the visit, and time flies while you are there, yet soon enough you must get back to daily grind...any how thanks again for the TRs and I hope you both had a great flight back home..

Oh yeah, time to start planning the next visit!