1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Monitor lead

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Shogun, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Shogun

Shogun Earning my ears

Went into a local chain store today looking for a lead to go from the lap-top to the TV (42") I was shown one that the salesman said would only give a 17" picture on the TV. Would this be right and what sort of lead do I need?
  2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Hmm.... not heard of that one, I have a cable that can upsize my phone upto 42" screen, it's an AV cable, so don't see why a monitor cable couldn't upsize a monitor more than 17"...
    Keith will probably know, or Mick. If not, I'll ask my dad, he's good with cables and T.Vs and the like.
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

What video out port do you have on the laptop? they have all sorts these days including display port, dvi etc. etc.
  4. Shogun

Shogun Earning my ears

It is an old lap-top with just an output to a monitor. I have just tried a lead taken from an old monitor and plugged it into our 42" HD TV and it gives a full screen picture very sharp. Lead is only 2mtrs so I might get another longer one, but for now this lead will do.