1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

More Fantasyland plans

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Isafari, May 16, 2011.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Chris Beatty, Walt Disney Imagineering's creative director has shared details, renderings and photos, including an overhead of the area.

•The new wall that divides Cinderella Castle from the rest of Fantasyland will run through where the Dumbo ride currently sits. It will look old. "It will look like it's always been there," Beatty said.

•The new dark ride called Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid is designed so that passengers will feel they've stepped into the storyline. They'll hear "Poor Unfortunate Souls" in Ursual's lair and "Part of Your World" in Ariel's Grotto. The area will be more green than current Fantasyland. "Water and trees and slopes are extremely important" in the look, Beatty said.

•The Be Our Guest restaurant will seat 550 diners in three distinct areas. The main room, the ballroom, will hold 300 people, plus rooms representing Beast's art gallery and his west wing, which will have a "forboding feeling," Beatty said.

Also at BOG, "it's going to snow all year round, which will be great for Orlando," he said.

•"It's all about Gaston" is how Beatty described Gaston's Tavern. Out front: A statue of Gaston, provided by Gaston. Inside: Gaston's chair, portrait, etc., and lots of stuff made out of antlers.

•Beatty predicted that Enchanted Tales with Belle will be "the sleeper attraction of the expansion," and called it an example of how Disney is rethinking how guests meet characters. "We want to give you a 40-minute immersive experience," he said.

•The doubled Dumbo ride will get a new color scheme, doing away with pastels in favor of a 1940s feel to reflect the colors in the film. The centerpiece of the ride(s) is restyled and eight panels around the bottom will tell the Dumbo story.

•What we've been calling the Great Goofini (the modified Barnstormer) will get a new station. The renderings were marked as "Barnstormer starring Goofy as the Great Goofini," but that may not be up-to-date.

Guests will be going to work in the mines with the Seven Dwarfs in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It sounds like a two-life-hill roller coaster with a dark ride in the middle. As previously announced, each car of the train will flop side-to-side. Imagineers have tried the vehicle and its motion on the back of a truck in Anaheim. "It's extremely comfortable," Beatty said.

Snow White will be making a cameo appearance, he said.

Beatty said they had adjusted to the initial reaction to the Fantasyland expansion — that it seemed awfully girly. During his presentation, masculine characters did have an increased role: Maurice's cottage at Enchanted Tales With Belle, it's Beast's castle, not Belle's, it's Prince Eric's castle, not Ariel's. And girls will certainly be outnumbered by those dwarfs, whose ride was billed as a "family experience."

New Fantasyland elements should start appearing in the theme park next year.

Attached Files:

• fant.jpg
      fant.jpg
      File size:
      109.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Cannot wait to see the new Fantasyland, hopefully it will be finished by the time we go next October.
    :wiggle:
  3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Oh, oh, I want to eat in the "forboding" part of Beasts castle! :yes:

I just can't wait!
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

So excited for this!
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm really looking forward to it especially The Be Our Guest restaurant
  7. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Imagineer

Sooooo excited, can't wait to eat in the ballroom at Beasts Castle :)
  8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Ooh, ooh, ooh, can't wait to do this and eat at BOG.
  9. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

All right everyone... :nono:

Now, I've just finished reading this thread. And what is the one thing that pops right out at me from all your posts?

Is it the adventure of the Dwarfs mine? :unsure:

Is it the fun of Gaston's tavern? :unsure:

Perhaps the pleasure of a story with Belle? :unsure:

No. None of those. No indeed.

All you seem to want to do is eat!

You need to try to expand your horizons! Go have Belle read you a story. Hang around in Gaston's tavern. Maybe even go ride Dumbo again.

That way it'll be easier for me to get an ADR in Beast's Castle! :ROFL:

Tom :)macwave:... no pushing, no shoving. After all, it seats 550!)
  10. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Of course I will make time for the Dwarfs, Gaston, and Ariel....likely while I'm waiting for my reservation. :yes:
  11. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

But, but, but, isn't Gaston's Tavern also an eating place. 'tis really a shame you can't get a good alcoholic beverage at MK as this sounds like the perfect place to do it.