1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Most Convenient Resort for MK and Epcot?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by buzzchamp, Jan 31, 2011.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

hi quick question on resorts which would be the best one for MK and EPCOT, I can find some which are close to one but not the other :/
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

If you are looking at the monorail as your primary means of transport between the two then any MK or EPCOT resort would fit the bill. Of course they are all Deluxe resorts. Other than that I believe Port Orleans, either Riverside or French Quarter are convenient.
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

If you mean MK AND Epcot then as uscwest said, any of the MK resorts around the lake would fit the bill.
    The GF is one stop away from the MK on the monorail and the Poly is two stops away. You could walk to MK from the Contemp.
    To get to Epcot, you would catch the monorail [or walk from the GF and the Poly] to the TTC from where you would get another monorail to Epcot which does not make any stops en-route.
  4. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

All of the Walt Disney Resorts are equally convenient to ALL of the parks since they all utilize the Walt Disney Transportation System (buses).

If you want a view of the park, you are pretty out of luck. Yes, some are near certain parks, but none will let you look into a park.

Best hotel with the best view would probably be Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort. There's a great lounge on the top view from which you can view "Wishes."
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Actually they Grand Floridian, Polynesian and Contemporary, in addition to BLT offer great views of the Magic Kingdom. The Lounge at BLT however, is reserved for DVC Members.
  6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

My vote would go to The Contemporary. Walk to MK and ride the monorail to EPCOT.