1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Most romantic restaurant at disneyworld

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by chipndale, Mar 3, 2010.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

Hi

we're looking for somewhere really nice, price doesnt matter as its for an anniversary :wiggle: but it would be nice for it to be special perhaps if we could see fireworks or the view was great

if not it doesnt matter as long as its just a really nice setting

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

IMHO THE most romantic restaurant at WDW is far and away Victoria & Albert's . If you want to see the fireworks then I would opt first for Citrico's and second for California Grill (a bit too noisy to be considered romantic for my taste).

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I know I sound like a broken record but I have to say this about California Grill. It was inedible. Disgusting in fact, with terrible service. (August 2009). As a matter of fact, it actually ruined Herself's birthday. :(

I would never go there again for anything at all other than drinks and appetizers. It's not a signature restaurant, it's chaos filled with park clothing clad people. :shrug:

Not that folks don't enjoy the place, but it's definitely not my definition of intimate or good food. :sorry:

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I totally agree with uscwest. V & A`s can`t be beat for that special meal if the cost is not an issue. :thumbsup:

5. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

We enjoyed Artist Point at WL for an anny meal. It was not very crowded and the atmosphere and views are great. Food was delicious and wine was very nice too!

I can't compare to V&A's and doubt it does, but it was very nice!

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It is a lovely place, Rosie! :yes: We've had beautiful dinners there, and the view is lovely.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Artist Point is a lovely restaurant and the food I have had there has been great. Not sure you can see the fireworks from there however.

8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Here's another vote for V&A! :thumbsup:

My DW and I celebrated our wedding anniversary there several years ago. We were staying at the WL so we took the resort launch from WL to the GF via a stop at the MK. It was a magical night! We did get a little chilly in the launch however since it was December and we were dressed for V&A. Not exactly cool weather clothes!

One other nice thing about V&A is they gave us our own menus imprinted with our name in gold leaf. Delightful souvenier. And whenever I want to remember just how good the meal was, all I have to do is dig out our menus! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... now I'm hungry... again!)