1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Movies Resort?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by repofan1, Nov 24, 2011.

1. repofan1

repofan1 Earning my ears

We are planning our Vacay and we have everything planned out except where to stay! We looked at Pop Century and All-Star Movies Resort, that's where we REALLY want to stay, it'll be the first time staying in a Disney Hotel and we need a 'expert' opinion about where to stay! Anybody who has stayed in either one of these hotels please give e your likes and dislikes!

Thank You Mouse-Lovers!
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi repofan1!

And :spraywelcome: to Secrets!

You're really going to enjoy staying onsite. Since we're only about an 8 hour drive away from WDW, we usually drive down when we go. We always stay onsite. But once we arrive, I park the car and we don't see it again for the next week. Disney provides all our transportation (buses, boats, monorails) and is perfectly adequate for all our onsite transportation needs. Plus, there's just something magical about staying in a Disney resort.

You're gonna have a ball! :mental:

Tom :)macwave:... onsite fanatic!)
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We've stayed at all of the value resorts. Our personal preference is All Star Sports followed by Pop Century. Both Movies and Pop have good things to say about them but if you are talking about kids then Pop may be better. Also keep in mind that Pop has its own bus where the All Stars may share buses.
  4. repofan1

repofan1 Earning my ears

We live just outside of Atlanta, so we are planning 9hrs with stops calculated into, I'm the youngest going, almost 18, and I'm fascinated by Pop Culture, which is why we have decided on Pop! Century, but my mother looked at the movies resort and LOVED it! Another one we looked at was Port Orleans, but we are on a tightttt budget! Another thing we love about Pop! is that it Disney but not like super Disney, like the movies resort, but in the long run, it will probably depend on the economy. I also am planning on visiting some of the hotels like Kidani Village, GRand Floridan, and a couple others.

Lauren
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Ahhh... we're neighbors so to speak! If you and your family haven't been down 75 lately, you'll find it a nice drive now. A few years ago it was a mess down by Tifton and Adele but the construction seems to be all done now and the drive is quite nice. Of course, when Disney's the destination, a dirt road would be a nice drive. :eek:

Now you're talkin'! Port Orleans Riverside is our absolute favorite resort. :yes:
    We've probably stayed there something like 10 times over the years. Something about the old south charm. However, I do understand the tight budget concept.

Anyway, all ya'll will have a wonderful time! If you've got any other questions, just ask. Someone on here will have the answers!

Tom :)macwave:... 'nuther Southerner!)
  6. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Stayed at all of the Values many times.

Just stayed at MUSIC a couple weeks ago and had an unusual experience. We stayed in building #7 (Broadway). Our room was weirdly humid although the air was on. The room smelled like urine, the vanity lightbulbs weren't screwed in, and the alarm clock was unplugged. Not sure what that all meant. And since we didn't even get into the room until after 10pm and only stayed one night, we didn't asked to be changed rooms or complain.

Hopefully after AOA opens, they'll go back and renovate some of the Values.

The Herbie building at MOVIES was nice when we stayed, as was the Baseball building at SPORTS. POP has always been decent.