1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

mp3 player stupid question alert

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Dawn, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

OK I have persisted with my ipod touch for as long as I can but the lack of helpful support when things go wrong with iTunes means I am ditching it.

So...I need an mp3 player. Just for music. If it does anything else other than that then it's a bonus.

First question and I get the feeling this is a silly question. If I buy one in the US will it work here - I mean are all the jacks and usb things the same size? We're going to Winter Garden Shopping Village and I seem to recall they have a Best Buy there. So what should I look for. It has to be nice and shiny of course but I have no idea on brand names or anything. :unsure:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I can't help you with names, but unfortunately I will warn you away from that Best Buy. They are unbelievably rude and useless. We've walked out of there for our last time. They lost three sales from us due to their horrible sales staff.

Once you get a name of a product, check Target and Staples, both in the same shopping Village.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep agreed, that WGV best buy is particularly useless :yes:

If you're staying in davenport, there's a best buy one junction down at the Posner Park Mall which I've had better luck at (along with staples, target etc.)

In terms of non-apple mp3 players, there are just too many of all shapes/sizes to recommend one. Most people I know now use their phone as their mp3 player, but if yours isn't good at that then I think you'd be best going to best buy/walmart/target and just choosing one from the selection there. The problem, as you kinda say in your original post, isn't the hardware but it's the software! If you think iTunes can be awkward, just wait until you've seen the software with some of the tiny cheap mp3 players out there.