1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Much to do at Celebration?

Discussion in 'General' started by disneymom, Aug 1, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

and how do we get there without a car ? is it a long way to take a cab? How long could you spend there? Are there any nice restaurants , sorry about all the questions but youre all so helpful

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Don't apologize! That's what we are here for.

If you take a cab, do so from DTD as it will be a bit cheaper.

It's really nothing more than a little village style place. There are some shops, and some restaurants. You could maybe spend half a day there? :unsure:

During Christmas time they have special events ("snow" etc.).

Personally, I find the whole place a little stiff and eerie so it's not my favorite place to be. I will go over there when they have their car show though. :D Ferraris and the like! :D

If you haven't anything else to do at all, take the time for a visit, but otherwise, I'd not rush over.

Remember though! It's just my opinion and other folks will surely have different ones! :yes:

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I agree with Tink on this one.
    We looked at Celebration when we were considering buying a house over there but two things put us off. Firstly you have to live there for a minimum of 7 months a year in order to discourage rentals, and more importantly the whole place seemed like a film set.
    OK it`s a clean and tidy community but it somehow seems very surreal.
    Having said that my DW and I tend to visit each time we are in Florida...one day is more than enough :p015:...in order to have a look in the shops and have dinner there. The Columbian Restaurant is where we normally end up and it is recommended.
    It really is a nice place to visit in the festive season to see the "snow" which falls in Market Street along with the carol singers and decorations etc.etc..

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, now that you mention it Slowhand I do have to say the Columbian (original in Tampa) is a great place to have a meal.

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We spent half a day there and that was enough. I would however, be happy to go back each visit but only for that half day.
    We had a walk around the lake and a look in some of the shops. Had a snack at Sherlock's which is owned by a British couple and DH had a play with the fountains :rolleyes008::yes:

I have a video of our time there.....link below.