1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Must do dining?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by keith, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I haven't been there since the redo, so I'm hoping its still as good .
    I'll just miss you in June , wait mid May ? I'm there till the 15th .

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

nah very end of May I'm afraid

3. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Arghhhhhhhhhh !

4. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

Actually he will be there the weekend AFTER Memorial...Ill be there Memorial weekend...very very sneaky keith...very sneaky...

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We loved Citricos as well although we are trying California Grill instead this time.

I am thinking you have some 'issues' with Citricos though don't you Keith? :unsure:

6. keith

you have a really good memory! I had to rack my brain to think what issues I had but yep you're right!

In all fairness we were given a great table etc. but the food left a lot to be desired. The white salmon was bland and tasteless and my steak was certainly nothing special at all. Server wasn't really interested in resolving. Im not sure we'd want to give it another try

7. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I thought so. We had a lovely experience in there but I wouldn't have been happy with bad food and service, especially in a restaurant of that level.

The only truly bad dining experience we have had was Rose and Crown (a completely disinterested English girl :rolleyes: who only became friendly at the time of giving us the bill) and that was back in 1996 - we have enever eaten there again although it was the server who spoilt it not the food.

8. keith

yep we had that too :yes:

We also had @ the rose and crown a server who came back with tons of stuff on the bill which we hadn't had! I queried it and she said "youre on the dining plan what do you care?" obviously padding the bill so they got better gratuities in the days they were included

To be honest, I don't like the food much there either

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wow! :eek:

We quite like the Rose and Crown. :D Better than the main dining at Raglan Road in fact. :D I love their bangers and mash! :9: Herself gets the pies. She's a shepard's pie, cottage pie sort of woman. We've always had very good food and quite nice service. (Although, I will say the one time the server commented on my empty plate with, "would you like to lick the bowl, Mum?" I was pretty embarrassed). :(

Didn't you have a terrible time just getting into Citrico's Keith? I think I remember your having booked the place for specific dates and when you arrived, found the place closed? I think I remember that happening more than once? Am I confusing two separate stories? :unsure:

Narcoosee's is the place we had terrible service and poor food. It was one of my birthday dinners (a few years ago now) so that made it a little more "sad." :shrug:

We've not been back, and haven't really read any reviews that have wanted to prompt us to return.

We have come to the conclusion though that we need to take Slowhand and Mrs. Slowhand with us, for any on site meal as they ALWAYS have excellent service and food. :yes: :D :D

10. keith

One day, you both MUST come over to the UK and we'll go to some proper English pubs

Yes indeed more than once! The time before we actually finally got in was the worst. We booked it, checked the booking etc. turned up and it was closed with the gates across the entrance. The ladies at the podium where there for V&A and were extremely off hand when we mentioned citricos. "cant have booked its ALWAYS closed on these days" etc etc. Wouldnt look at the booking code, didnt suggest anything.

Finally a rather nicer lady came out of V&A and took over. She typed in our ADR and up it came. She agreed it was Disney's fault and arranged a late booking for us at Narcoosees (which was awful but not her fault) and arranged a paid for taxi to take us back to our resort afterwards.

Yes indeed :( the problem for us is that we've had lovely meals at Narcoosees too. Sitting by the window looking out onto the lake. I'm TEMPTED to give it another go but Im sure it'll be a mistake

That's SO SO true :yes:

11. Tink

Well, we truly are planning on a visit to Ireland (again) and the UK. Not sure when, it really all does come down to money, eh?

There is so much to see and do in Ireland, and then Scotland, England, Wales... we could spend our lifetime (or what is left to us! :lol: ) visiting and never see it all.

12. keith

Well I suspect there will be considerable demands on your time from those of us in the UK, so better plan on a month or so :yes:

13. Tink

Aw, wouldn't that be grand!? A month in each country! :D :D

Better tell Herself to up the lottery purchases. :D :D

14. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh if only :hug2: Chris will take the time off :D he can be your personal driver, I can be your personal cook, oh we'd have a grand time :yes:

15. Tink

Do NOT tempt me thus, Miss! :eek: You know I'd weigh a ton with your incredible cooking! :D :D :lol: Chris as our driver? Oh my gosh, we'd see the world!!! (Chris? Take that turn there? How about this one here? LOL)! Fun to dream, innit? :sigh:

16. Wendy

:lol: I could just imagine it :lol:

Dreams keep me sane :yes:

17. Tink

:yes: So very true. :yes:

:oops: Guess we'd better try to put this back on it's original track! :oops:

Ummmm...so Keith? Have you ever tried Cape May for dinner? :D :D

18. Wendy

We had a really nice steak at a Longhorn Steakhouse restaurant last year Keith.

We were very impressed with the food and the service. We both had Flo's Filet and I think Chris had his with fries :lol: and the dessert was absolutely delicious, I was just sad that I couldn't eat it all.

The dessert was a Caramel Apple Goldrush I think :unsure:

pudding.jpg

19. keith

ooo havent been to cape may at all? whats it like?

20. Tink

:D :D

That is a decent place to have a meal, isn't it Wendy. :yes: I will add this caution though. Not all Longhorn's are equal! :eek:

There is one on 192 and it's not nearly as nice, nor is it the same prices! :nono:

There is a new one going up right now on 192 west. It's quite near Herself's Mother's home so we'll check it out, I'm sure.

They have consistently decent steak, and are willing to correct it immediately if it's not right (only happened once to us).

The desserts are quite amazing, too! :yes:

It's one of our local favorites as we can have a dinner that allows us to stay on our diet plan. :yes:

It is now part of the Darden chain, so Darden restaurant gift cards work there. :yes: