1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

MVMCP

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by FairiesInFlight, Sep 22, 2008.

1. FairiesInFlight

FairiesInFlight Earning my ears

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome. Now my first question is has anyone gone to the MVMCP. I brought tickets to it but don't know anything about it. :cjdisney1:

Also since we are going at the begining of Dec 3-10 what types of clothes should we bring. Are shorts, capri's, and shortsleeve shirts okay or do we need something warmer?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

You haven't mentioned where you are located, but if you live in a cooler climate, the clothes you wear to leave home (coat, hat, gloves, etc.) will be the maximum you need for cold weather.

Expect variable temperatures. They can range from near freezing at night (occured during the day last year, too, but that's abnormal) to 80s during the day. Plan layers. Bring everything from shorts, tanks and swimsuits to long pants, capris, short and long-sleeved shirts to a sweatshirt or jacket or two. And I'm serious about the hat/cap and gloves. Last year it was so warm that we wore summer clothing day and night the first 7 days; the last three it cooled off until we were bundled up for winter! We do live in warm climates, though. Leu & crew live in the Los Angeles area and I live in the Sonoran Desert.

MVMCP is great fun!

1. You can arrive at about 4:00 p.m. and enter on your MVMCP ticket--save a day on your regular ticket, if you like. Be sure to get a wristband (or whatever identification they use this year) as you enter the park and check to see if they have the programmes out yet. They'll be where the regular park schedules and programmes are located. They may have some out, so check all of the slots. Or you may have to get one later. I usually pick up two or three. One to save as a sourvenier, one to use and one to share with others who neglected to get one! :lol:

2. Use the programme guide to plan your evening. There are a number of shows, fireworks sandwiched between two holiday parades (same parade shown at different times) and many of the regular attractions are open. You need to decide if you want to use the time for the attractions or the holiday programmes--it's your choice. We usually plan around the shows, parade and fireworks, plugging in nearby attractions as they fit.

3, The second parade is less crowded than the first one. Viewing is less crowded in Frontierland than on Main Street.

4. If you enjoy pin collecting, they have one for each week of MVMCP. The sometimes sell out quickly, though. I wanted to get the one for the week we attended last year, but it sold out on Sunday! That's the first day they are offered. BTW, it was a Tink pin--really wanted it for Leu! Bought two AP (was a passholder at the time) pins instead. Kept one, gave one to Lexie.

5. There aren't a lot of food places open, so you might want to have a very early dinner or late lunch and just plan to much. CP and LTT book up quickly--probably already booked by now, but there could be cancellations. Cosmic Ray's is open in Tomorrowland, as well as Casey's Corner on Main Street. The funnel cake place across the bridge from the castle just into Frontierland. The Main Street Bakery.

6. They do serve free hot cocoa and cookies after the party officially begins. There are several stations on the map.

7. Relax and enjoy! :D

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

That early in December you probably won't have temperatures much below 60 during the day. I doubt that it will get below 50 at night. Bring clothes to allow for layering. :yes:

Have a wonderful time!

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

In 2004, I was wearing jeans and a jacket. I was freezing.

Last year, I had on shorts and about roasted to death.

Depends on the year. I'd check the weather before you go.

The party is lots of fun.

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

They also have carolers in Liberty Square. Last year there were only a couple of families and me listening to them around 11:30 p.m., so they had fun with the children. They brought them up to sing with them and they chatted with them.

They also had dance parties with the characters last year. Similar to MNSSHP--but appropriately costumed, of course. :) They apparently replaced all of the other non-Disney entertainment they used to have with them.