1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News My Disney Experience and FastPass+ to be Available to Off Site Guests

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

magic-bands-and-fast-pass.jpg
    It appears that from the 31st March 2014, Day Guests visiting Walt Disney World will be able to take advantage of FastPass+.

As with Annual Passholders, Day Guests will be able to make reservations 30 days in advance of their visit. This will include all single day and multiday tickets. At the moment I am not sure if this will include the 7, 14 and 21 day Ultimate Tickets from the UK as they need to be RFID-enabled tickets. If anyone knows if these are available in the UK, can they let me know.

Day Guests will also be able to purchase MagicBands and have their RFID tickets added to the Band, they will also have access to My Disney Experience.

I think this is good news for off site Guests as up until now they have had to use the kiosks in the Parks. It sounds as if there will still be kiosks available, but probably not on the scale that they are at the moment.

Whilst I am happy that Disney is making this service available to all, I do think that Passholders are being unfairly treated. It seems that Disney think that Guests who purchase Passes and probably visit on a regular basis, especially if they are Florida Residents, should be treated the same as day Guests and only allowed to make FastPass+ reservations 30 days in advance.

I understand that Disney wants Guests staying in their Resorts to have preferential services, but I do feel that they should either increase the time for Passholders or reduce it slightly for Day Guests.

What do you think?
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Absolutely agree with you. Once again passholders get nothing :(

Up until a month ago, with an AP I could make fp+ 60 days out which was *something* but they put that down to 30 sigh