1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

MY Drive

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Aug 27, 2009.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Alright so yesterday at 2pm I decided to leave NYC for Sarasota Florida. I was supposed to leave today but was able to leave early so I decided to get a head start. I loaded the van and left NY at 2pm and drove until about 1230 am last night.I think I was at exit 119 or 109 in South Carolina. There was alot of constrction on I-95 and I was getting tired. I saw a sign for a Motel 8 that said $34.99 and I decided what the heck. I walked in and was greeted by a woman who looked like the grandmother from the Beverly Hillbillies who was very nice. She checked me in quickly and told me that there was a free breakfast in the AM. I walk into my room and it was big but very dated and warm. I put the AC on and it blew the curtains straight up in the air exposing my room to the parking lot. I took my shoes of and used them to hold the curtains down on the window's ledge. I go into the bathroom and it was gross. Thank God the wife wasnt with me she would have walked right out and got back in the car. The shower head was being held to the wall with rubber bands and there were tiles missing. I decided to skip the shower and just go to bed. I turn on the TV and grab my pillows which were as flat as a sheet of looseleaf and tried really hard to fall asleep. I finally fell asleep about 330 am and woke at 9am and went out for the free breakfast. I kid you not there was a half of loaf of bread and an empty pot of coffee. I went to the front deak which had a sign to contact housekeeping with any questions or problems. I laughed and grabbed my luggage and headed south. I finally arrived at the In-Laws at 530 PM and grabbed a bite to eat and had a nice hot shower. Tomorrow with the weather permitting we are going to Siesta Key beach which is absolutely gorgeous and the Friday we are checking in to ASmovies for 9 nights of free dining.

2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

think i would have walked out too lol
    have a wonderful trip :)

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

you are much stronger than me...I would have walked out immediately.

Who needs that free loaf of bread when you will be eating plenty of real free food at disney. :D

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Oh my, what a start to your trip :lol: The room sounded terrible....I would't have been able to sleep there for fear of things crawling on me in my sleep!

Hope things improve from here with a nice sunny day for Siesta Key Beach

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Sorry about that Motel 8. That is absurd. It's a wonder the health department hasn't shut them down.

6. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Gross :nono:

Well just think of how nice Disney is going to look after that nights sleep!!

7. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

I love your attitude! On my way to WDW I have learned to laugh off a few things myself lol. Can't wait to read more :)

8. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I was more amused by the hotel than upset. For 35 bucks it served its purpose, which was a bed to lay my head to rest up for more driving. If I had the wife and kids with me we would have left and found somewhere else to sleep.
    Today we never made it to Siesta Key instead we hung out at the pool and went out to dinner with the in-laws. I am tired and cant wait to check in tomorrow.

9. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

sounds like a nice day :)