1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

My fellow DCL cruisers...what do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by DisneyFreak, Feb 17, 2010.

1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

How would you feel about DCL adding the Adventurers Club onboard the ships?

I think this would be a great idea!! First, it doesn't seem that Disney has any plans about reopening Adventurers Clubs anywhere else. Second, this is a hugely popular club with most guests. Third, the clubs/nightlife onboard DCL could use a little spicing up.

What do you think?

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I generally like the concept but I don't think it will fly. Here's why.

First, the Adventurers Club required some significant, dedicated overhead. The talking statues, disembodied heads, etc. These kind of things required a degree of technological backing and support that I'm not sure they'd be prepared to dedicate on the ship. Of course, they could eliminate some of the animatronics and just let the CM's provide the "atmosphere" but then would it still be the Adventurers Club?

Second, there are actually some rumors floating about where Disney is planning on a new, nightlife specific park with limited attendance all themed on the old Adventurers Club. Not sure when (or if) this is supposed to happen but from what I gather, the Adventurers Club concept is not quite dead yet. When we'll see anything is anybodies guess.

So... having said that, I would have to say that I like the idea, but I'm not sure it would ever happen. But then, I'm not in the decision chain at DCL either. Darn it!

Tom :)macwave:... Kungaloosh!)