1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

My first pre trip report....

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Deafjeff, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi all...

Just booked first class single to Gatwick from Cardiff for two of us (£52.50) :thumbsup:

Will book first class home when the train company updated their webiste....

We are leaving Cardiff at 1:30 to London then to Gatwick via Victoria should be at the airport around 4:50....

So we are travelling in style! Need to book a lounge at the Gatwick airport.... hotel all sorted - we are staying at Hilton and we are so taking advantage of twilight check in :yes:

The only thing left is to buy some more summer clothes as I have lost some weight so need to some clothes that actually fit me properly rather than having my trousers hang low like some teenagers! :nono:

Need to do all the silly paperwork which we still have time but better to do it waaaaaay before just in case we forget!

Have I miss out anything?!?!?!?!!???!?!!?!?!?

Need to look at the vows options and create our own vows in time for the planners to review and 'approve' it.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Sounds like things are coming together nicely.

What do you mean, "approve" your vows? You can say whatever you please to one another I should think! No one need approve of the sentiments you care to express in a a vow renewal!

3. Deafjeff

I think it more of making sure it is suitable etc...

For example we cannot use anything that refer to 'wedding' or marriage...

4. Tink

Really? I don't think that's allowed; to control your language I mean. Not to get argumentative with anyone, but "marriage" is NOT a word of which the usage can be controlled. Anyone can refer to their union as a marriage regardless of legal status.

:snooty: I'd be right put out if someone "reviewed" my vows for propriety. :snooty:

5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: Sounds like a plan in the works!! Abercrombie $ Fitch is having a big sale online! :yes: Just bought my son a ton of t-shirts and a few polos.

6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

:jawdrop:

if they tell you to remove words like marriage can you let us know as I would very much like to write a stiff letter ( on coardboard prolly ) to WDW marriages ,as same sex marriage is legal in other countries all they are doing is allowing a reaffirmation of vows and does not contravene the petty law of their land

7. Deafjeff

well when we got married here, we were not allowed to mention wedding or marriage.

Any poems with the wedding 'wedding' or 'marriage' is also unlawful :nono:

8. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

:nono: shame on them.......

BUT....wooohoooo, you first pre-trippie!! :mental::mental::mental:

9. Tink

Perhaps in the UK, but honestly, it really shouldn't be here. Again, no one can prevent a person from laying claim to their relationship being a marriage. No one. Ugh.

Sorry Jeff. :hug2: This is a wonderful time for you and you don't need me ranting about politics, eh? :hug2:

So!!! Choosing your vows... are you writing your own, or using something from a poem, song, experience?

10. Deafjeff

Not to worry, i know where you are coming from, they have emailed us couple of ideas and different vows poems etc.

Too many to choose!!!!

We also currently looking for different poems, reading etc to see what out there...

Wont be long!!!!

11. Skywatcher

:sigh:

I am gutted that in this day and age people are more offended by a word like wedding than all the war, disease, torture, depravity and dark and evil side of mankind.

That aside I am absolutely over the moon that you are going to Disney soon

A full trip report would be great

any way you can get hubby to join the boards or is it not really his 'thing'

12. Deafjeff

It is so bad sometime that I am almost ashamed to be British

Will ask my hubby but doubt it as it is not his thing but mind you if he wish to get hold of me regular, it be easier to meet me here than trying to talk to me while im here!!!!

13. Skywatcher

Its not all about Disney, infact for a lot of us its about meeting people who , through their Disney vacation have found people who exemplify what is truely great about human nature - I have seen more kindness extended to strangers on these boards that I ever thought possible.

Yep being British does make me sad sometimes, but I work with a lot of people in same sex relationships and I think it is far betetr than it was 5 -10 years ago, and believe me mate its so much better than in other corners of the world :yes:

14. Deafjeff

True but sometime when you in the minority it can be quite difficult, granted, UK is ahead in some areas.

Some of the laws is quite silly for example if either my hubby or myself decided to be 'naughty' and one of us wish to end the relationship and apply for 'dissolution order' rather than using the divorce routine on the ground that the relationship cannot recover from this event rather than simply quote adultery.

:thumbsdown:

The only time that we are on equal footing with straight couple is tax and benefit laws (!)

15. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

i couldn't agree more...honestly, i couldn't. :hug2:

16. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

At least that is something then, eh? I had dinner with a lovely couple (Monica and Deona) the other night while visiting my family in Texas...Deona has just given birth to the couples second child and has been fortunate enough to be a "stay-at-home" mom for the last two years (w/ their older son). During dinner she mentioned that she would be returning to work in two weeks, much to our surprise and her sadness. Although financially they can afford for her *not* to work, they *can't* afford for her to not have health insurance...and because of the RIDICULOUS laws, she can't be on her spouse's health insurance. So now, this amazing mom who WANTS and can AFFORD to be at home with her child is being forced back into the workforce so that she can have health insurance. :angry:

Makes my blood boil. Seriously.

Which is totally off topic and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY apologize. You're vows and sentiments are going to be absolutely beautiful, I'm sure of it...when you choose a poem, will you share it with us? I have a ton of favorites, so I'm interested in what you will choose! :hug2: