1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

My first Pre-trip report!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Shellyamc, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Cast: Drew- Husband and Daddy
    Shelly – (me) Wife and Mommy
    Katelyn- (4) My very own Princess
    Marc- (2) My sweet baby boy
    Sandy- My Mom and Nani to the tiny humans
    Joe- My Dad and Poppie to the same tiny humans

Ok I have never done one of these before, so hang in there :unsure:

It took us a long time to get to this trip. The last time Drew and I went to Disney World was 2005. We had started planning a trip in 2006, but soon found out we were expecting Katelyn. In 2008 we decided she was old enough and was ready to meet the mouse..and taa-daa along came Mr. Marc :tongue: So here we are planning again and no, no babies on the horizon. We have been to Disney before, but this trip is honestly like going for the first time. It is so different thinking of taking our kids with us. My Katie is truly a Princess. She loves life, loves knowing about everything, always has a smile on her face, and also loves being the boss..lol! When I close my eyes at night I can almost picture the moment when she comes face to face with a real Princess. She will just be in awe- I can’t wait! Then there is our little Marc. He is the sweetest, most caring little boy and a Tasmanian devil all wrapped up in one. He does everything 100%. That goes for playing and having fun or throwing a tantrum. The more he grows and gets more words the less tantrums happen, but we still get a good one now and then. So he is just starting to get into Disney. He knows Mickey, Goofy, and Donald and other than that he very much likes Buzz and Woody. I think he will just go crazy over all the “stuff” going on. So much to see and explore and that is what Marc likes best. This trip really isn’t a secret from the kids, we did talk about it when we made plans to go, but I think over time the “we are going” has faded into just talking about Disney World. Since kids don’t really have a great grasp on time, unless we are going by the end of the week Katie just doesn’t think it’s really important. So we talk about what is there and we watch our old movies from past trips and it pretty much ends there. I don’t say anymore. Now when I rock Marc at night before bed I whisper all my plans I made that day and all the places we are going to eat and he just smiles at me and says “Ok Mama.” It makes me feel better to get it out and he keeps the secret:yes: So obviously this trip is special to us because we are taking our kids for the first time, but I also get to take my Parents. That is a huge deal. We tried to take them once before, but they backed out at the last minute. We were heartbroken, but went anyway. Now they have agreed to take the trip with us. First and foremost is the pull of the grand kids- I mean think of all the stuff they would miss and I think the second and final push was my Dad loosing his best friend last month. They were very close and his friend was only 67 years old. He was fine and went up to play on the computer and 30 minutes later when his wife went to check on him he was gone. Nothing makes you realize that nobody is promised tomorrow like that kind of loss. You can say maybe next year, but who knows if any of us will be there for that. So that brings us to the current moment…rooms booked for the All Star Movies, as well as tickets and dining plan. We looked at the POR, but I really think the kids would get a kick out of the Movies. It is so over the top Disney. Now I’m getting my list of ADRs together and trying to convince my Dad that driving is way better than flying :slap: So there ya go, the background of us. I have no idea if this is what a pre-trip report should be, but it looks ok to me!

:D

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I'm very excited for you Shelly, now where you staying, how long? How you getting there? What meals did you book? LOL:tongue:

3. Shellyamc

:D Can you tell I'm a little excited :wiggle:

We are staying at the All Star Movies. We are staying at Disney for a week, but it is possible we will be staying in FL for a day or so before and after. We are all planning on driving with the exception for my Dad, who is still pulling for flying. It is so expensive now and driving straight it would take us 18 hours to get to WDW, so with all the "kid stuff" we need to bring it makes more sense to drive. We can take 2 days to get down there and make the trip part of the vacation. Oh and think of the stuff we could bring home if we drive ;) No meals booked yet, I think I have to wait until April 14th. I have a few in mind already after checking in with my Dad the picky eater (can you tell who is going to be the PIA of this trip? :lol: ) and I know we will do Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tree, Crystal palace and the rest I'm not totally sure about yet. Oh and the Hoop-de-do review :yes: So we might take our non-credit day and try out the T-Rex cafe.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  4. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Well i am VERY excited for you!!! You are going to have such a wonderful time, im so jealous!! :lol:

5. mkjon

mkjon Earning my ears

I LOVED LOVED LOVED reading that thats brilliant a pre-trip report never seen one of those

you sound mega excited :hug2:

6. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Earning my ears

awww brilliant report glad you're finally getting to do the trip

7. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Shelly, if you drive you have to stop at Tamarack in West Virginia ( Beckley) it's a beautiful artisan center, with a great food court. You'll love it!!!

8. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Sounds good to me too! :D

I have stayed at the Music several times and have always enjoyed my stay. I like the food court, however, I wished it stayed open later. I've been in the Jazz and Country areas. So I've either been really, really close or out in the boonies. I think the buses at the All Stars run smoothly. The only bus that seems to take time is the one to DTD, but only during the day...at night it's always coming.

9. Shellyamc

I said Music and I meant to say Movies!! :sorry: We were looking a suite at the Movies, but decided we really didn't need it this trip. We stayed at the Music on our honeymoon and we really liked it. We decided to go with the Movies this trip just because of how many buildings the kids would recognize :yes:

10. Shellyamc

Good info!! Thanks! We were thinking about Virginia as a half way point, so that would work out well :thumbsup: