1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

My pre-trippie

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Tink in Pink, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Tink in Pink

Tink in Pink Earning my ears

There is 6 of us flying from England, which includes my:
    Dad, Paul- 50 something:d:, this will be his 3rd trip to Florida.
    Mum, Kerry-Nearly 50 something:pgig:, this will be her 3rd trip to Florida.
    Lil bruv, Sam- 19 going on 6? This will be his 3rd trip to Florida.
    Lil sis, Elizabeth- 7 going on 16? This will be her 2nd trip to Florida.
    Son, Aston- 8.5 months at the mo but will be 1 while in Florida:spin:, this will be his 1st trip to Florida.
    And me, Laura- 21 the age i will stay forever (although I have been wishing that at the ages 16,17,18,19 and 20). This will be my 3rd trip to Florida

We are flying on the 21st of October from Bristol airport to New York, New York then onto Orlando, Should arrive at Florida 8-8.30pm all going well :thumbs-up then off in search of our villa.

We "DON'T DO PLANNING!" (as my dad would say) so we have no itinerary. A lot of you will probably find this scary as I have seen from various trip reports that many (if not most) people do plan, but the not planning way works for us as we find part of the fun is deciding what to do the day before or even that morning. The only plans we have made is ADR's which include:
    Dinner at Crystal Palace
    Dinner at Akershus
    And we are hoping to have breakfast with Cat in the Hat, Spiderman and Thing 1&2.
    The only other plans we have are to meet my mums cousin Claire and her mob, which we have had to plan as you all probably know Claire is the opposite to us and is a hyper planner :pgig:.

3 days after we arrive we have another party of 5 joining us which include my:
    Uncle, Keith- age ?? (but he's young at heart:pgig:). This will be his 2nd trip to Florida.
    Auntie, Angie- age??. This will be her 2nd trip to Florida.
    Triplet Cousins- 4 (i think) Allison, Luke and Blake. This will be there 1st trip to Florida.

I better explain that this part of our clan live in Indianapolis, USA. We all met in Florida (with Aston and the triplets obviously not being born then) at christmas, my Auntie and Uncle were then trying for a baby. Not long after we got back from Florida we had a phone call explaining that they were not only expecting A baby but 3 all at once!! :spin:

So thats it all about us.

The only other thing that I actually have been planning is doing my sister and son a pack for on the plane to keep them entertained which include: Toys, books, colouring in things, card making kit, tinkerbell flask, winnie the pooh cup, masks etc. And a welcome pack for when they get there which will include, disney towel, disney wash mit, disney pjs, welcome cards from the mouse/princesses a personalised disney t-shirt and whatever else I can think of.

I am also printing a little card for each morning to put out for the kids that say 'have a good day' or something along them lines and signed by different characters.

Also for each character meal the kids are going to each have a personolised invitation and a personolised t-shirt to get the characters to sign so they have nice keepsakes at the end of the trip.

Thankyou for reading.

Hopefully when i get chance I will post some pics and keep you updated with what I find.

Laura xx

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Triplets!!!!

You're going to Disney with triplets???!!!!

:laugh:

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Not planning :eek:

Well each to thier own, It will be hard to plan with young kids I guess!

Have fun and i'm looking forward to the possiblility of photos!

:)

Jodie

4. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

Laura will have no problem she is so laid back she horizontal the kids will be supervised by us OLDIES though NOT as old as she makes out even Laura will be supervised

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I'm another manic planner! Wish I could be more laid back about it sometimes :lol:

You'll have a great time :smiley4:

6. Tink in Pink

LOL. I dont plan my life at home let alone my holidays. The triplets will be so much fun. They are at that nice age where they will be so excited about everything!!

7. Tink in Pink

:hello1: So now I have all the T-shirts designed and invitations personalised and am just waiting on a very kind lady who is helping me out with som invitations for the character breakfast with Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 & 2 and Spiderman then off to print everything :thumbs_up:
    My best friend has just come back of her suprise 21st holiday where her boyfriend whisked her off 2 Florida for 1 week and New York for a week (jelous, me??:diablo:). She bought me and Aston loads back. She bought a 'Pal Mickey' back for Aston (well thats what she thinks :t1408:), A Thing 1 bib and romper suit for Aston. A thing 3 T-shirt, Sponge Bob keyring and loads of sweets, and then a load of things from New York. She does tend to spoil me (I must deserve it,:p015:)
    So now that shes back I can stop being jelous of her and start rubbing it in that its soon my turn to go to the place that seems to make an extremely mature person like me act like a big kid!!!
    I am now officially excited!!!!:sigs-tv-010::smiley4::smiley3::sigs-cartoon-005:

8. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Cool! Sounds like you're going to have a great time! Where's your countdown when you going?

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Pssssst! Helly! Get down off that bar! :eek: Do you want to end up back in surgery?

10. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

no *gulp* scrambles down...

11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

All right then. :hug1:

12. Tink in Pink

We are going on the 21st October but dont know how to do a countdown, :oops:

13. Tink in Pink

So now Mum, being the worrier that she is has phoned the passport office to see what is going on with them and they said they were printed this morning and we will recieve them tomorrow or thursday so then i can get Astons done as we need to put my new passport number on his. Woo Hoo, we can actually get into the country!! :thumbs-up I'm hoping my passport picture isn't to bad this time as the 'chav' look isnt a good look anymore :pgig: Not that passport pics are ever very flattering. I bought Aston 2 pairs of shorts from Sainsburys for Florida, dont think i need anything else for him as i only want to take minimal luggage so I can fit in loads of clothes, toys, trainers and whatever else i purchase while there. Just need to sort clothes out for myself. :spin: Also i am loving my, i mean Astons Pal Mickey, it is soooo cute!!!! :smile:

14. Tink in Pink

[COLOR="Magenta"]
    So I have finally got my passport through. [​IMG] Now just to sort Astons out. Me and Mum (aka nannav) have looked at all the things we got for Elizabeth and Aston. Near enough all of Elizabeths bits are sorted. This is what we have got her for the journey. [​IMG] This is what we got her for her welcome pack with the passport all thanks to Claire. [​IMG] Just got to sort her personalised T-shirt printed and add some more bits that me and Mum need to get some bits from Wallmart as soon as we get there. Also these are the clothes she has for the holiday. [​IMG]And this is what we got Aston for the journey, need to add more stuff. [​IMG] And some bits we have got for Astons welcome back, with Pal Mickey and some bits also needing added. [​IMG] And Astons holiday clothes [​IMG] And a couple of bits for me :pgig: [​IMG] Oh yeh, our countdown is going well [​IMG][/COLOR] I think Elizabeth is excited. [​IMG] And Aston!! [​IMG]

15. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

sounds good to me TiP

hey theres nothing better than winging a holiday, don't have to be anywhere on a certain day or time, can choose where you want to go at anytime you like. i wouldn't do it any other way tbh....we are there the same time too :)

16. Tink in Pink

Yeh its always good that way, we have been 2 times before and done it the same way we wouldnt do it any other way either. When do you fly out??

17. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Aw too cute.... and how did you get flowers to grow out of your babys hair?

18. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

:lol:

I had to go back and look at that - it's such a cute photo!

I always pack a bag of bits and pieces like that too to keep the kids amused on the flight. :p015:

19. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

:lol:that tickled me and astons auntie elizabeth dd7 we had to have another look usually the little monkey is pulling them out of the vase:rolleyes008:he is nearly always happy only winges when hungry and tired a real darling;)not that im biased no hes a real gem

20. Tink in Pink

:lol: Well i am a very talented hair dresser :lol: I never noticed that until I looked back :lol: