1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

My Right Foot Trip Report.... Day 1 - with photos!

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Ursula, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Not to be confused with the film My Left Foot....

Cast... Me, him and her and it.

Me aged 45, Him aged 46, Her aged 18 and It aged 22.... *It* being My Right Foot...

Day one and the alarms go off... because I am paranoid and set several just in case. Run around having showers and making sure bins are out and doors and windows locked, bleach down plugholes and toilet, alarms set and off we jump into Mikes taxi... very nice it is too, it is a brand new Seat people carrier. Made sure My Right Foot was comfortable in its Croc shoe and settled down. We always use Mike and he is a great character and we laugh all the way to the airport which is only an hour away. East Midlands Airport is quite small and easy to get to, we didn't feel the need to stay overnight as it is so near and we were setting off early, ready for a 6am check in.

Checked in and got our priority tags put on our luggage, the queue for premier (First Choice) was small and we were quickly through immigration. We always wander into duty free and I always buy a nice perfume... this year I chose a new one from Dior it is called Escale a Portofino, very light, just perfect. Alan bought a watch from Ben Sherman but couldn't find any suitable sunglasses... never mind he has plenty.

The flight left on time and the flight went really quickly, I was hoping for a snoozle to make the time fly but OMG! I was so shocked at how quickly it went by... there was none of this spaced out time zone thing where you look at the sky map and think... god are we nearly there yet like normally. I watched two films, Shine a Light which was about the Rolling Stones... it was ok but glad I never paid to go to the cinema to see it... the other film was Fools Gold which I did enjoy. Made sure My Right Foot did her exercises so she didn't puff up and walked around abit.. then it was time for food... Salmon pin wheels, cheese and biscuits, beef casserole, carrots, broccoli and roast pots... not good... DD had the chicken breast in mediterranean sauce and said it was moist and delish, followed by mango mousse and Lily O'Brians chocolates. I chose just water throughout the flight. A tub of vanilla Ben and Jerrys came through during the films... read my free OK magazine the flight crew gave us then played who wants to be a millionaire and some other stoopid game that I couldn't get. Then it was time for tea, 3 tiny sandwiches, egg, salmon and chicken followed by a fruit scone with clotted cream and jam washed down by a nice cup of tea, the scone was excellent.

In no time at all we were landing. We were last off even though we were in Premier Class because I had some medical equipment to carry, as my hands were full the pilot no less lol... carried my hand luggage through to immigration for me lol. The heat as the plane doors opened was incredible! Yaaaaaaaay! Hot hot hot! Got thruogh customs ok and found the First Choice rep who directed us to the people carrier taking us to our hotel. It was just after lunchtime Mexico time but around 6pm UK time. Not long after we set off for the Hotel and we couldn't believe that the first thing we saw was a Maccy D's, they get everywhere.

Arrived at our 5 star Hotel and it was amazing, the lobby was huge! and very nice and posh, it was a joy to check in... we were curteously treated and given our room keys, towel keys and safe key and a map of where our room would be. We couldn't wait to get into our cossies and get swimming. The bell boy brought our cases up almost as soon as we got into the room. The room was lovely and we were very happy. There was a mini bar (free) and a coffee maker, iron, board (which I ignored lol) and hairdryer. We had a table and two comfy chairs and a sofa in our room too... we dashed to the balcony to see our view and it was gorgeous... we got one of the 4 pools and the ocean. We then ran into the bathroom to examine the goodies in there... we had body lotions, shower cap, shoe shine kit, sewing kit, mouthwash, shampoo and conditioner and shower gel... woooot!

Threw our cossies on and headed for the pool. Ah this is more like it....we have arrived! Got some snacks from the snack hut and then made our way back to our room and crashed into the comfy beds.... it was about 2am UK time now and it had been a long day.

2. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

Re: My Right Foot Trip Report.... Day 1

Ohhhhhhh I hope you brough the shoe shine kit home with you.

Hmmmmmmm Bell boy you say.. LOL.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Nice start! :yes:

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Looking forward to reading all about your adventures :yes:

5. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

This is the bit where I come in and add the photos?

6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Yep some of them.. lol...

7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

OK here we go...

Attached Files:

8. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

WOW - nice! :yes:

9. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

That looks very nice! :p015:

10. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

. We then ran into the bathroom to examine the goodies in there... we had body lotions, shower cap, shoe shine kit, sewing kit, mouthwash, shampoo and conditioner and shower gel... woooot

Thats wat i love about staying in a hotel our first trip to florida we stayed in allstar sports at disney and they had the disney shampoo etc by the time we went home i had about six sets in my case:(:p015:

11. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

The hotel looks very stylish I must say.....
    Cool, have always wanted to go to Mexico I bet it was absolutely Gorgeous (with a capital G!lol)

12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The hotel looks very nice!

13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

That chair is sooooooooooooooo cool!

14. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

seen anything you like Bella? Don't forget to copy and paste now.