1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

My Right Foot Trip Report....Day 2 - with photos

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Ursula, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Body clock got us all up at 5am, we made coffee and went to sit on the balcony, opened the patio doors and the heat made us all stagger back in shock! lol. OMG if it's this warm at 5am I dread to think what it's going to be like later on in the morning. It was absolutely glorious sitting there in the semi darkness watching the sunrise coming up, we could hear the gentle swishing of the caribbean sea shore we were that close to it and it was very soothing, in the distance we watched one of several cruise ships all lit up sailing by. The pool lights were on and it was just so very peaceful, we could see the staff quietly going about their business and various chefs heading for the kitchens and the security guys were always patrolling and every now and then you could hear their radios and see them sweeping their flashlights into the shrubbery at regular intervals. The sky got lighter and the cruise ship lights went out, the pool lights went out and the balcony lights went out... the day was just beginning in tropical paradise! These times of the morning became my absolutely favourite times, Alan loosened the bulb on our balcony light so we could sit in peace without a spotlight on us, plus I really didn't need anything to help attract the mozzies :(

We got showered and cossied and creamed up... put on beach coveralls and headed down for breakfast.... Oh my lordy.... the food was to die for, there was absolutely everything there that you could possibly think of.. er except kippers.... anyways..... I digress... as you walked in to your left you had fresh fruit bowls and washed grapes that were HUGE! I have never seen such huge grapes before they were like marbles lol.... next to those you had about 6 types of cereals walking around to the next wall there was a big toasting machine and baskets of sliced bread and sticks of fresh baked bread which were absolutely delicious :( then further along that wall there were hot tureens containing hot chocolate and soup bowls... for dipping churros and pastries in.. the back wall had on the left side trays of scrambled eggs, eggs in nests, fried eggs, refried beans, reddish sausages, brownish sausages, cumberland style sausages, bacon (yummy) an omelette station so you could order a fresh made omelette if you so desired, carrying on along the wall was a counter that had jugs upon jugs of fresh fruit smoothies sitting in trays of ice, fresh fruit machines and sachets of tea. To the right of this smoothie station was another hot food counter which had sauteed potatoes, hash browns, fresh wraps and cheesy wraps and tostadas and cheese and ham toasties.. then further along came the waffles and pancakes and french toasts and cinnaman toasts with huge bowls of honey, syrups and melted chocolate sauces and all manner of sprinkles to go on top. Right... on the right hand wall... and I haven't even gotten to the middle counters yet! they had baskets of croissants, cakes glazed buns buns dusted with icing sugar, danish pastries, pastry turnovers, muffins and cookies turning right from this wall is the wall where we came into the room.... on our right is the cereals... but on our left of the entrance door they had Champagne on ice and blue cheese which sometimes was stilton or roquefort... believe me no expense was spared there was oodles of food, they were very generous with it. Right now to tackle the middle counters... there were two and these had an assortment of cheeses including brie, salamis and balogna and hams, chopped hams with peppers, chopped hams with asparagus oh god the list is endless... there were artichokes and white asparagus, mushrooms, olives, boiled eggs, salmon I can't even remember half what was there... the other counter had fresh fruits to select from mandarines, pear slices, oranges grapefruit all the melons and more grapes, pineapple, guava, mango... you name it it was there. No wonder I put some weight back on!

Once we'd all struggled back to our table we were waited on constantly and had coffee or iced water or any kind of soft drink like fanta or coke if we wished... we could even have Corona if we wanted as that was on tap... so was the wine. I tried the champagne once but it was waay too early for me.

Oh and this was only breakfast.......

If we aren't careful here we could seriously put on huge amounts of weight. This is only day 1 we have 20 more to go!!!!!!!! The food was seriously good the whole way through, couldn't fault ANY of it at any time.

Well we somehow struggled to one of the four pools.. we chose the one with the swim up bar today... yesterday we swam in the *activity* pool and it was abit noisy... lovely but not for us, we came here to do some serious chillin' :)

Struggled to get ourselves out of the pool and headed over to the buffet again for lunch.... where the smoothie counter was this morning it was now transformed into a fresh pasta counter, where you could select any type of pasta you wanted and it was cooked right there in front of you and so was your chosen sauce.. I never got around to having the pasta lol... couldn't ever get to fit it in cos had to get past all the other food to get there and never quite managed it lol... Natalie and Alan did... but once I saw brie that was it....

My Right Foot had a very fetching pink sandal on and coral nail polish on.... she's out looking for a hottie I think?... will have to keep an eye on the hussy.

We found Mike's Bar lol which is a coffee bar abit like Starbucks but only it's free! I did wonder if I would see our very own Mike Jones in there serving but nope it wasn't a secret bar he'd set up. No idea what we had for dinner later on... we also had slapped on the factor 50 but ohmigod the sun had found our skin through it all :( Jet lag started creeping up on us so we after dinner must have crawled into bed somehow... was out like a light, those beds were so comfy. Zzzzzzzzz got such a hard day tomorrow too by the pool....need my sleep lol.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

Re: My Right Foot Trip Report....Day 2

I need to go to Mexico now!

3. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Lol... we been looking to go back in June.

4. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

Take me with you!!!!!

I have to keep holding back from booking a western Caribbean cruise , with stops in Cozumel!!!! I need to save my money... :cry:

5. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

What hotel was it Helly ? Who did you book through? First choice?

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

mmmm I have a hankering for breakfast now......

7. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Lol Ste... First Choice not got this hotel on their books for next year... no idea why, we looked already. We're hoping to stay nearer to CanCun this time.

8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Many breakfast photos.

Attached Files:

9. Dawn

More food

Attached Files:

10. Dawn

And a bit more food. I'm spotting a theme developing. :D

Attached Files:

11. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

These are the Mexican restaurant pics... evening a la carte meal.

12. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

I sooooo love all inclusive - thats probably why I'm a size 18 hahaha!
    It all looks fabulous and 3 weeks of it too......
    Great report by the way!