1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News MyMagic+ testing for Disney Annual Passholders

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

annual-pass-magic-bands.jpg
    Photo courtesy of the dis
    In a move that will please Annual Passholders, Disney will be selecting a random number of Passholders to take part in who will be able to make advance FastPass+ reservations using My Disney Experience, and have the ability to order and customize a MagicBand.

In addition to the MagicBand, Passholders will also receive a discount card along with their MagicBand that will be used along with photo ID to obtain passholder discounts
    Annual Passholders who have been selected to take part in the test will be given instructions to add their Annual Pass number to the My Disney Experience app or website. Once they have registered they will be able to make FastPass+ reservations and order customized MagicBands which will be posted to the Passholder. Once the Bands have been received Passholders will have to visit one of the Parks with their MagicBand to complete the process. The same rules that apply to Resort Guests, will apply to Passholders, they will be able to make three FastPass+ selections in one park per day.

Passholders can make up to seven days of FastPass+ reservations for a rolling 60-day period.

In addition to the MagicBand, Passholders will also receive a discount card along with their MagicBand that will be used along with photo ID to obtain Passholder discounts. The card can be used, along with a photo ID to receive a Passholder discounts. Cards will either be black or gold. The gold card indicates complimentary parking is included. The black card indicates that the guest has no complimentary parking.

2. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I'm really pleased this has come out for passholders, but I'm a little disappointed that the discount and parking still require a separate card.

It would have been really cool to have lanes on the entrance to the car park that have the RFID readers on them, so people could either prepay for their parking and tap their band, or us the band holding their annual pass. Imagine how much quicker it would be to enter!

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

so weird

Almost like they can't put the discount on the band for some reason but then they can put the AP on the band so surely.....

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Maybe it's just a matter of doing things in phases? Perhaps it's something that will come with time?

5. keith

could be!

Just feels weird that they'd go to the trouble of extra cards if it was as simple as adding to the band.

The way the discount seemed to work for me in december was that they scanned the band, saw an ap, applied the discount. Perhaps not everywhere has the capability to scan :/ but it's all feeling a bit messy at the moment

6. Beccaberry

True enough. But I've had that opinion about the entire rollout. Not their best work, eh?

7. keith

yeah... hugely ambitious and wow can I see the benefits from their side but a but hmmmmm sometimes from customer side

I still have hope it'll develop into something amazing

8. Beccaberry

As do I. In fact, my personal belief is that *because* it's been such a rocky beginning, Disney will work twice as hard to see it become successful and be embraced by guests.

*shrug* It's Disney. I still believe. That's why it's my go-to vacation spot. I'm not quite ready to throw them out with the bath water.

9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We got in on the cusp or this in early December. We didn't get our magic bands till we got to Disney but were able to put our AP and get FP+. We didn't have the separate id though. And trying to change dining reservations on the magic band was darn near impossible. We could make new ones but couldn't change old ones without CM assistance.

10. keith

Our experience was similar. I think the main thing that troubled me was the attitude/experience of some CMs and by that I'm not getting at the CMs. I've seen similar things a gazillion times at different companies. Some huge project/change is dropped on the staff and they try and explain the problems which is seen by management as negativity so it's rolled out anyway and then the staff are left to deal with the problems they knew would happen.

That's what it felt like to me much of the time.

Of course, the times when it worked or we met a CM who couldn't wait to tell us all the great things that were coming with the bands it was great!