1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

MyMagic+ Testing Taking Part at Select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Pop Century, Disney’s All Star Resorts, Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Contemporary and some other resorts have been chosen to offer MyMagic+ to Guests from the 2nd August. So if you are visiting one of these Resorts anytime from the 2nd August it is worth checking the My Disney Experience to see if you have been selected to take part in the test.

There will be a MagicBand with the name of the person who made the reservation waiting at the resort for when you check in. MagicBands will then be available for other members of your family that are staying with you. These will be done whilst you are checking in.

Some people have been contacted directly by Disney Reservations and will have their bands before they leave home, but a lot of people are finding that they are being added to the trial and only find out when they check in to the resort.

Guests will be able to reserve 4 Fastpass+ attractions at the Magic Kingdom and 3 Fastpass+ attractions at the other Parks.

It is not compulsory to wear the MagicBand, all Guests will be supplied with them if they are on the trial but they can choose to use their Key To The World card instead.

So check and see if you are included at the My Disney Experience here

2. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Ok, so is this after August 2nd, or if you are there on August 2nd?

You know I have to ask ;)

3. Wendy

As far as I know after the end August, so go take a look Shelly you never know :D

4. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Nope, nothing so far. At least I don't think so :unsure:

I do see a button now where it says "manage magic bands," but it doesn't take me anywhere. Maybe it will sometime soon :D

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

So, what happens if the magic band gets soaked on a ride? Does it still work?

6. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I wonder if you actually have to have your tickets in your possession in order to link. Because we're making our final payment today so we don't have our actual tickets yet.

7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

According to the packaging, it's waterproof, hypoallergenic and heat proof (it's made of a silicone like material, fyi).

However, John, you and others might be interested in reading this:

photo.jpg

8. Beccaberry

No, not from what I've read and experienced, Faythstar. If your tickets are part of Disney Package (as opposed to, say, a room only reservation) your tickets will automatically be linked for you.

If you booked a room only reservation, you can link your tickets in the following manner (see screenshot below):

Screen shot 2013-08-08 at 11.45.34 AM.jpg

One thing to note, you MUST have your tickets linked before you can reserve a Fastpass+.

9. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I saw lots of people wearing magic bands today :)

10. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I believe that while it's still being tested you have to have bought your tickets and booked your hotel direct through disney. It will eventually be rolled out to AP holders and none resort guests but while it's being tested you have to have both in order to use the website.

Does anyone know how I obtain a booking confirmation number for my hotel package? I have my booking reference number but that isn't enough digits for the website. Any ideas?

11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

We got grey magic bands when checking it at YC yesterday. They didnt previously show up on My Disney experience... We found out at check in

So far Ive worn it and gone swimming without problems, but, they have NO safety features for kids. Natalia undid hers immediatly and said it was too ugly because it wasnt pink and she wasnt wearing it... The little diva hahaha, Tatiana wore it fine, until after dinner, I took them to the pool and noticed she wasnt wearing it, asjed her where it was thinking it had fallen off and she said she left it at the room when she changed because she didnt want getting it wet.... So, I see lots of kids MB disappearing in the future!

As for fp+, I cant book Toño's, the system keeps showing him over his fp limit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SmileyJohnsan

SmileyJohnsan Earning my ears

We have just returned to the UK after a 14 night holiday and staying at the Old Key West Resort, I purchased 14 Day Ultimate park tickets in the UK and during check in asked them to include the park entry onto the same Key to the World cards used for everything else.
    Guess what they can only add up to the 10 day US park tickets, and not the special package tickets for the UK.

Does anyone know if there will be the same issue of park ticket assignment to the MyMagic+ Band as there is to Key to the World Cards, otherwise not very joined up thinking?

13. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oh wow how crazy is THAT! mind you its not the first time I've seen that. We bought a UK package including 14day ultimate and on arrival at POR they didnt know how to give us the tickets. In the end, after 3 hours at checkin, they gave us a one day pass and told us to come back. They did this for several days and I'm now wondering if thats because they couldnt add 14 :/

14. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

We had problems with our 21 night hotel reservation.
    Typical I was booked into all stars originally and switched to AoA.

15. Beccaberry

To be honest, after hearing all of the headache's Mari had, I'm not even sure I want to use ours...

16. Wendy

I'm sure it will be fine :hug2:

17. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Hope you have better luck than we did!!

Ok... So... The bands worked for opening our room, going into parks and purchasing stuff.

However, the my magic app just didnt work. Wifi connection is very iffy. It would only let me do fps for 2 or 3 people. After a day it didnt let me add any fps for me. I was asked to go to concierge to solve the issues. After 45mins, 3 people and poking into my disney app account, they couldnt see why it wasnt working for me. The only "solution" they could come up with was to go to guest services at whatever park I was going to and see if they could fix it.... Mmmm, nah! Thats not going to happen, not going to lose 3 hours of park time on top of time already lost for a fp that doesnt work.

As for the ones I did manage to book... Went up to the fp machines at the attractions, scan the magic bands and the light came up blue... No fp for you!!! You immediatly get turned away, no explanation, I guess they assumed we were trying to not get in line???

So, this trip, the bands didnt work!

We are scheduled to try them again for next trip, this time around we did select colors and all, wonder if they will ship the to Mexico though, because I cant see any info on shipping, just the personalization option. We do have a longer stay and less people so will have more time to deal with guest services...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Beccaberry

Thanks for the update, Mari! :hug2:

Like you, our stay is quite short this time around, so I won't be keen on spending ages standing around at customer service. I'm happy to try them out, but if they prove too glitchy, I'll be moving on.