1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Nearly there with our ADR choices

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Mags, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

So Thursday is my day for making my ADRs. Im going for a few of our favourites as well as some new. Tell me what you think and if you think I should alter some plans and make different reservations.
    For us, 1900 Park Fare has always been our favourite breakfast and now that my two youngest are young adults, the character mix there is what they like best. Kona for breakfast and an evening meal is always a favourite too and Flying Fish is in there too because I love their potato wrapped red snapper.
    So this is it in date order,

Cape May dinner (Kids are very very big on fish)
    Kona dinner
    Flying Fish
    Chefs de France (havent tried it before and the profiteroles look ginormous)
    Kona breakfast, Sanaa dinner (havent tried Sanaa yet)
    Biergarten dinner (not fine food but we do enjoy the atmosphere here and with my two we always find enough for everyone)
    Be Our Guest (lunch) **Need a suggestion for dinner** Staying at OKW - is Olivia's worth considering?
    Tusker House lunch - in anticipation that we are going to MNSSHP in the evening
    Liberty Tree dinner
    1900 PF breakfast, Via Napoli dinner

I have had to put my foot down and have left out a few that the kids want to eat at especially Whispering Canyon. It has always been fun, but the noise, the noise.
    So that is it, except for one more slot for dinner. I have lots of quick service options on the list too such as Wolfgang Pucks and Sunshine Seasons but just need that final dinner sorted. It wont be Crystal Palace BTW, as we werent that keen. Any recommendations would be great. :yes:

Mags
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

They all sound nice Mags :D

I've only made one so far, I can't decide if I want to make anymore or just take a chance when we get there :lol:

I can give you an idea of when MNSSHP will be on in September as the parks close at 7pm and these are:

Tuesday 10th
    Friday 13th - this is also the Villians Day
    Tuesday 17th
    Friday 20th
    Tuesday 24th
    Friday 27th

These are only my assumption because of the times the parks close though, so they may change.
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Olivia's is most definitely worth a shot. Breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is in a lovely setting also.
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

All sound nice. Now that the kids are older have you thought about 1900 Park Fare for dinner? Lady Tremaine and the ugly stepsisters are they. They are FUN!
  5. Mags

Thanks for your initial post on the days you thought MNSSHP would be on. I used that in my planning. Dear help you Wendy if you have got it wrong. :point: Unfortunately, we dont arrive at WDW until the 17th so Villains Day is out for us.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I will go for it.

I showed Kathryn some of the videos last night. The dinner looks like great fun. Have you done it Johnnie?

Mags
  6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Yes, we've been to the dinner a couple of times. The character interaction is great
  7. Wendy

We've been to 1900 Park Fare for dinner and in my opinion it is one of the nicer buffets at Disney. We are going again this year with Mari and her family :D
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Haven't been to 1900 Park Fare since Peter Pan and the gang were there, but it was quite nice then. :yes:

Olivia's is the best kept secret. Excellent service, not usually too hard to book (although they can surprise you and be full) and very nicely prepared food.

Depends upon what you want, slow and laid back, or zippy and busy and character laden...
  9. Mags

My choices would definitely be different if I werent there with my youngest two in tow. I think I might go for Olivia's and tinker around with one of the others to fit in 1900.:)

Mags
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Unless you are madly in love with Kona, I'd consider replacing that dinner with 1900 Park Fare. :yes:
  11. Mags

I am Tink. It is one of my favourites. We are creatures of habit when it comes to Kona. Already the kids are in despair because Im leaving out Whispering Canyon, but I swear, if I have to fit one more bottle of ketchup on the table or see one more large fork, never will be too soon. Did I mention that the kids are 20 and 23? lol

Mags
  12. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Love all your choices!!

I really enjoy 'Ohana for dinner BTW
  13. Mags

I cant do Ohana unfortunately Mari as my lot dislike so many things on the menu. The bread pudding that is such a winner for everyone is a no no for my crew, I dont like smoked meats and my dd hates any tropical food (Ohana couldnt facilitate us on that but Kona seem to be able to). The last time we went there was disastrous. We had all three courses on the table at once and we were ignored by our waiter all night. We had to change a traveller's cheque to pay for our meal. Somewhere along the way he misunderstood what we were saying and threw a hissy fit and slammed down our change thinking we werent going to tip him. It left a sour taste I can tell you. We havent been back.

Mags
  14. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

wow.. thats a pretty bad experience! No wonder you dont want to go back :(
  15. Wendy

I don't blame you for not going back I wouldn't either.
  16. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Lovely choices, Mags! I echo the suggestions of others for 1900 Park Fare at dinner...my lot love it! We were there in December of 2011 and truly had the best evening meal! Drucilla (the ugly step sister) even had Andrew on one knee proposing! It was hilarious!

I love Flying Fish as well, I haven't had anything on their menu I didn't care for, and their bleu cheese stuffed olives are FANTASTIC in my dirty martini :)
  17. Beccaberry

Oh! Meant to say...Chefs de France is a "must do" for the boy - he LOVES the grilled cheese and lobster bisque (I prefer the quiche), but to be sure the profiteroles ARE ginormous, and quite good!
  18. Mags

Well, today was the day and at 11am I was ready to go. I am useless really as I kept booking them for this month instead of September and then had to cancel. I made one change to the mix and decided to book Be Our Guest for an evening meal. I had the details entered and was ready to push that button for BOG at 11am. Even with that I could barely get a reservation! :jawdrop: So it's all done now. Thanks everyone for your input. So looking forward to this holiday after such a difficult year.

Mags
  19. Beccaberry

WOOOOHOOO!! :bounce: One more step in the planning!! September will be here before you know it!
  20. Wendy

Glad they are all booked Mags, we are going to try for lunch at Be Our Guest as well as going for dinner :lol: