New 2015 Merchandise at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

New merchandise coming to Walt Disney World this year will include the new artwork for 2015.

Design Group Artist Thomas Scott revealed that “For the 2015 artwork, we imagined the Disney characters were showing off their Disney Side just like our guests do when visiting Disney Parks,â€￾ explained Thomas who was one of the lead designers for the 2015 artwork. “We dressed the characters in products we carry such as the Buzz Lightyear costume tee-shirt that Goofy is wearing. Sorcerer Mickey has been included in the dated art program for a few years. This time, we put a Sorcerer’s hat on Mickey Mouse that resembles the hat we carry in our merchandise shops. I thought it was a great nod to that artwork tradition.â€￾

mickey-and-minnie.jpg merchandise-4.jpg
    The dated merchandise is some of the most popular items sold at Disney Parks and Guests can purchase apparel items, seasonal ornaments, souvenirs, pins, plush, home goods and much more that uses this artwork.

merchandise-3.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    I've always had an aversion to the dated stuff. I don't know why, but it always feels devalued after the year has passed.

I realise they're supposed to be mementos that remind you of the year you visited, but they've never really appealed to me.

3. Vikki

Vikki Active Member

I'm the same. The only dated thing we ever get is. Christmas tree decoration.

4. uscwest

uscwest Active Member

When we buy special t-shirts or F&W memorabilia they normally have dates.