1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New Epcot restaurants

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by gwennie81, Mar 31, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

So the buzz here today has been about the new restauants coming to Epcot.

#1. Epcot is trying out extended hours until 10pm at a few of their restaurants for the busy Easter/Spring Break time period. This is generally an hour after the park closes.

#2. The pizzaria in Italy will have ~300 seats and will be a quick-serve place. It will be run by the same group that runs Tutto Italia and will be open some time in September.

[​IMG]

#3. The cantina in Mexico will be expanded from 288 quick-serve seats to ~400 seats. ~250 of the seats will be a "more expensive" sit-down dining area (with spectacular views of Illuminations, I'm sure). I think this is a smart move, taking advantage of the lakeside view as well as keeping the quick serve portion open for lunch options.

[​IMG]
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Brilliant Gwen thanks for the news :yes:
  3. gwennie81

I really can't wait. They'll be open just in time for the Food & Wine Fest. Not that I'd actually eat at a restaurant during the FAWF but, I'd definitely peek in and check them out! Maybe I'll go for my birthday before the FAWF starts!
    I also think it's kind of weird that they would do a September opening. Maybe they're trying to do a last-ditch effort to bring up the 09/10 fiscal year? (Most fiscal years end in Sept. and begin in Oct.)
  4. gwennie81

UPDATES!!!!

1. The Mexican Cantina will be 2 stories.

2. The pizzaria name is Via Venetia (and looks like it may be 2 stories as well). The water (and other ingredients) WILL be imported.

Both are still on track to open by FAWF.
  5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Sounds good, thanks for the news!