1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New features come to Downtown Disney

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Mar 6, 2010.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Finally something for the boys! Ridemakerz will allow people to custom build a radio control vehicle choosing the body, wheels, rim and sounds! A huge hit at Disneyland, LA, this store will open on March 25th.

D Street opening on the west side offers urban inspired designs but with a Disney twist. Various pop culture items, vinylmation, artworks and other items will be available when the store opens in April 2010.

AMC pleasure Island cinema is also getting some upgrades. One screen will be upgraded to an Enhanced Theatre Experience (ETX), the first of its kind in the US! The screen will be 20% larger than the rest and features built in 3d technology as well as a fully digital projection technology offering better than HD quality. The upgrade is planned to be in place already, prior to the release of Alice in Wonderland

All of which is great, but leaves us wondering, will anything ever be done with the now mostly empty pleasure island!

2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

i miss the adventures club so much :( i love DTD though :)

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Me too!

Kungaloosh! :mental:

Tom :)macwave:... Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you, but always dress for the hunt!)

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Rumor (and it is only rumor) has it that there will be a return of the nightclubs in the new area beyond Coronado Springs that is being built. We'll see.

Wiping out PI really did some damage to WDW's coffers. Regardless of what some may say, thousands of dollars are now going offsite for entertainment purchase (and as people go offsite seeking entertainment, they find affordable and good restaurants, ect.).

Disney did more damage than it realized when it closed down PI without having anything to replace it with.