1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New Flip Flops at Disney Parks

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The softlines team at Disney Theme Park Merchandise recently introduced an entire new collection of flip flops for Disney Parks.

Associate Developer Tina David said “This may be the first time we’ve ever introduced this many flip flops at one time,” explained Tina. “From a historical perspective, we knew flip flops are popular at Disney Parks. We also saw that [flip flops] were a hot trend in the marketplace. We used these two factors when deciding to introduce this new line.”

Tina worked with Disney Design Group artist Susan Foy who “had the freedom to create what she wanted.” One thing that stands out to me is Susan’s deliberate use of bright colors, which she confirmed was a conscious choice.

flip-flops-2.jpg

“We wanted to infuse as much color as possible to the flip flops,” continued Susan. “I used a combination of original designs and ones inspired by other items such as bags or apparel. Of the designs I created, I like the navy blue pair with interlocking Mickey Mouse outlines the best. Overall, I wanted the new collection to be bright, fun and something our guests would enjoy wearing during vacation.”

flip-flops-3.jpg

You will find a “Flip Flop” logo designed by Susan as an attachment on each pair of shoes. Susan has already purchased the black and white and bright pink Mickey Mouse styles for her feet.

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Saw them, they are ok, thought the womens ones were very "tween" if
    That makes sense??

They are 2 for 20... But nowhere does it say if its 2 flip flops or 2 pairs ;) We got a kick out of asking cms for clarification hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Are they good quality Mari?

4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

They look ok

The soles are thicker than then ones on my havaianas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk