1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

new Haunted Mansion hitchhiking ghosts scene

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Mar 14, 2011.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Come to our favourite ride is a new Hitchhiking Ghost scene that will use a similar projection effect to that used in Nemo over at Epcot in the Living Seas. The projected graphics will replace the animated figures and will allow a lot more flexibility in what they can do. They will appear to float around guests and can handle slow downs and stops of the ride system in a much better way.

Many guests have seen the new electronics being installed and have noted pairs of cameras located along the top of the mirrors, and secondly, a row of what appears to be infra-red illuminators are lining the top of each mirror.

The complexity of the new electronics suggests that the effects may be entirely generated and projected rather than using the old mirror system. If so, this opens up a whole new level of creative effects that could be included in this scene

2. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I experienced this last month. I was totally bummed that the ghost was NOT in the doom buggy with us. There were boards over the mirrors and just a holograph projection of the ghost on the wall across from us. It was the lamest thing ever. Maybe they were still in testing phase. I will be disappointed if ghosts no longer hitch rides.

3. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Hitchhiking ghost still aren't up and running (I hope). Last night the mirrors were still covered up and the holographic ghosts weren't even synched up with the doom buggys. LAME!