1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New Here!

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by AbbyAddiesmom09, Jan 25, 2010.

1. AbbyAddiesmom09

AbbyAddiesmom09 Earning my ears

Hey everyone! My name is Hope and just joined today :) I am married and have 3 children. 2 girls here (Abby,3 and Adalyn,1) with us and a son (Zachary-Bryan) who is waiting in heaven.We are heading to Disney World at the end of September and can't wait!!! It will be the first year Abby (also known as Tink) will enjoy everything and of course it will be Adalyn's (also known as Princess) first time!

I can't wait to make some new friends and learn a lot more about everything Disney!!!!

Hope

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

:wave: Hi Hope and welcome to Secrets.

September is a lovely time to visit as the parks will be nice and quiet.

We come home to the UK on 3rd Sept ( boohoo)

Hope you enjoy Secrets

Sandra

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Hello and welcome to Disney Secrets. This is a great place to be.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Disney Secrets! :hug2: It's great that you joined us! :tralala:

We'll have a grand time helping you plan your upcoming visit! It's wonderful to have a Floridian with us! :yes:

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi Hope and a warm :rainbowwelcome: to the site.
    It`s also good to know that there is yet another Tink out there!
    Looking forward to talking Disney with you. :wave:

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Welcome to the boards Hope! :wave: This site is filled with lots of Disney info and many great people.

7. AbbyAddiesmom09

Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll! I love it here already :)
    I can't wait for our trip in September and I have already started planning things as much as I can. Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated!

8. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Welcome aboard Hope! :wave:

9. Tink

What general area are you coming in from? Atlantic, Gulf, Big Bend, Panhandle?

10. AbbyAddiesmom09

Panhandle (pensacola)

11. Tink

Ah. Ok. That's quite a ride!

You'll be here for a week, yes? I forgot already :sorry: will you be in a villa, or staying in a hotel?

If you have a villa with a kitchen it's SO much easier to eat healthier. It's also better on little tummies to have a break from park food. I'm a huge believer in not throwing publicly made food on top of excited bellies. Plus, the more you avoid eating "out" the less you run the risk of picking up some food borne illness.

I'm SUCH a fun person, aren't I? :rolleyes: :lol:

12. AbbyAddiesmom09

lol I think we are looking at about a 9 hour trip, or less if my hubby has anything to say about it. I factored in potty breaks and lunch. Map quest gives us 6-7 hrs so we'll see.

We will be staying for a week, starting September 18th. We own timeshare down there (westgate town center) so we will have a kitchen and plan on hitting up walmart for groceries so that we can cook our meals. Thankfully my mom and sister are coming and both aren't huge park fans so they will be hanging out around westgate or going shopping and have offered to watch the girls for their afternoon naps and cook :) On our last trip in 07 we stayed at Old Town and it really worked out great and saved us a ton of money. We still plan on eating out at least once...somewhere in downtown disney (looking for suggestions) and are debating on splurging for a character breakfast...

13. Tink

Oh well now. I loooove talking about food. :D

The best character breakfast we've ever done was believe it or not, Cape May. It's Goofy and Friends so not hugely popular, which means you get loads of time with the characters. The breakfast itself was really nice too!

What sort of food does your family like to eat? I'm kind of grumpy (ha!) about Disney dining lately. They've really overloaded themselves with the dining plan, and that often results in less than stellar experiences.

However, there are still some nice places to eat. :yes:

14. AbbyAddiesmom09

I will check that breakfast out...thank you! :)

We aren't too picky about food. We've done the rainforest already so we really want to try something new. We really like places that offer up a great atmosphere as well as food. So something with great food, great atmosphere and family friendly...not too much to ask for, right? lol

15. Tink

Well, it shouldn't be at WDW! :D

We particularly like the Yachtsman Steakhouse, Chefs du France, Bistro de Paris (upstairs) Le Cellier (although we've not been there in years) Jiko (at AKL) Artist Point (at Wilderness Lodge) and Rose and Crown.

We've also had good meals at Boma (although the last couple of times we were disapointed) and Cape May New England Clambake (dinner buffet, although they've added crab legs and raised the price to an astronimical $36 per adult, so...).

We didn't enjoy at all California Grill or Narcoosee's. We didn't really care for 'Ohana or Whispering Canyon.

A fun place, although really simple and not fancy at all, is Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. :yes:

There is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary (character dinner and breakfast buffet) and 1900 Park Fare at GF (character dinner buffet).

Those are the ones that first come to mind. Again, it's a matter of what you prefer for the most part. We've had some of our best meals at simple little places, and have been hugely disappointed with some so called signature restaurants.

The only place there is a restriction on children is Victoria and Albert's at the GF. Children under 10 are not allowed. It's the flagship restaurant of WDW, and quite expensive.

It's a good idea to plan on making an ADR for any full service or buffet meal you'd like. The restaurants can fill in fast, particularly Chef Mickey's and Cinderella's Royal Table (at MK). There is another princess breakfast in Norway now too.

Oh! Tusker House in DAK is really quite good too. It's a buffet with a very nice variety of items (and where I tried bread pudding and for the first time ever, liked it)! :D

Hope that helps a bit. There will be other members who can give you more suggestions too.

Disney has a ton of restuarants and something to please nearly everyone, even picky and fussy old me. :D

16. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

:secrets:

:wave:

Sorry I misied this , welcome aboard

17. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:welcomewagon: Hi, welcome to Secrets!! Your children will have the time of their life!! Anything we can do to help, just ask! Our last son liked the Crystal Palace at that age because of Pooh and company.