1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New hi-fi?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by AKLnut, Aug 1, 2008.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

been years since we've bought a stereo system but need a new one now. There are some nice mini/micro units but I'd like a really decent one. Anyone bought one or into hifi enough to recommend a make?

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

my BIL bought all Loewe kit it sounds superb but at a price, i think he paid 5k for it

i like bose kit, went into a bose sound studio in orlando last trip and it totally blew me a way, see if there is one near you its superb sound

i just have an onkyo cinema amp technics all else and tannoy speakers, technics sub, not the best i know but it sounds good for me

3. ukwdwnut

just to add

if you buy good kit and have ordinary speaker cable that makes a difference too, i paid £100 for wiring, but my kit isnt good enough to hear the difference :lol:

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep me too. Bose sound studio at Premium outlets absolutely amazing. Their stuff is SOOOOO expensive but yeah, wow

They did this demo when I was there, got us all in the studio and sat us down. these HUGE speakers in front, side, to the back. Started to play the music and yeah it was just awesome. When it said "youre in a concert hall now" It sounded like it.

Anyway after blowing us away with the sound, one of the bose guys comes in and quietly removes the huge speakers which turn out to be cardboard cut outs :) underneath them are tiny 3inch or so cube speakers which were actually producing the sounds.

5. ukwdwnut

yep exactly what they did with me, with the speakers, they were tiny 2 on each bracket pointing in different directions

my sound on my pc is 5.1 surround and tiny speakers and it just sounds awesome :)