1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New iPad?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by foreverducky, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Good Ho, wait the 3's release with interest :D sure I have a child or two who can fight over the 1 :D

Josh from talking to my family at a recent 70th Birthday party and the kids playing on th eiPadds the 'silver surfer' generation see them as a very user friendly way of getting on the internet and sending email over a pc which scares them, talking to aunts and uncles who have been terrified of technology they love them as there is no scope to 'cock it all up' :lol:

who'd have thunk it - well Steve did I guess

2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

That's what I think they like about them too. :yes: I think the fact that a lot of the 'complicated' stuff is layed out really simply in the settings app- and having it explained rather than just 'OK' or 'Cancel' really helps.

The visual on/off button seems a lot less 'final' than 'save changes' or similar, too. :yes: Small things like that make it stand out from the crowd. I cannot stand the android tablets in work- too embarrassing when a customer asks me to demo one and something that would take me two seconds on an iPad takes 4/5 clicks and I start automatically tutting at it.

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

yeah but they can show flash :rolleyes: , seriously is that all they have to offer? - the sooner people change to html5 the better

well either that or iSwifter ;)