1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

NEW Lego Store at Downtown Disney with new statues

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 24, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The LEGO Store at Downtown Disney has recently been completely remodled. It opened it's doors on 19th April with more than 3,500 more square feet than the old LEGO Center.

Unless otherwise stated, Downtown Disney Marketplace and the LEGO shop open at 9:30 daily. On the morning I took these pictures, I arrived at 9:20 to find a group of people already waiting for the LEGO shop to open. I looked around and noticed that no other store had people milling about. This attests to the popularity of the product.

The LEGO store is huge and the walls are lined with dozens and dozens of LEGO kits. Numerous displays show guests what the completed product will look like. For the older kids and adults, more complicated kits are available under the TECHNIC label.

One wall of the shop contains several hundred clear plastic bins, each holding a different shape and color of LEGO brick. Nearby are two sizes of cups. Fill the large cup for $14.99 or the small for $7.99. This is a great way to supplement any collection or replace lost pieces.

In addition to bins of Legos to play with, there are two sloped racetracks where the kids can race Lego cars

In the center of the store is a play station complete with computers. Kids can select different programs and play LEGO games or discover step-by-step instructions on how to build a masterpiece.

There are new statues around the perimeter of the store.

A giant Black Dragon we know as Maleficent is squirting fire at a stalwart knight on a white horse.

lego dragon.jpg

Snow White kissing Dopey on the forehead

lego snow white.jpg

Several of the Seven Dwarfs are coming out of their mine.

lego3.jpg

Buzz Lightyear carrying Woody as he launches off.

lego toy story.jpg