1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New Les Halles, Boulangerie Patisserie Bakery Opens at the France Pavillion in Epcot

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The Les Halles, Boulangerie Patisserie at the France Pavilion is now finished and has opened in it's new location. It will offer an expansive new menu that offers classic French goodies all day long.

The new bakery is “at least 10 times” larger than the former sweet shop, says manager Eric Weistroffer, which soon will become and Glacier, an ice cream shop. Located in the space adjacent to the France movie theater exit, Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles offers sweets, soups, sandwiches, salads and authentic French dishes such as quiche, Croque Monsieur (grilled ham and cheese) and p-issaladiere, the pizza-like dish from the South of France, this version with tomatoes, olives and Gruyère.

The Lyonnaise salad is another classic, with frisee, bacon, eggs, croutons and light vinaigrette. Add pumpkin soup or lobster bisque for a satisfying meal. Plenty of choices are on the Disney Dining Plan.

There is still the seating in the courtyard, but there are also additional tables inside.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I love the look of the food at Les Halles (saw some photos on the food blog). Lol at the'****aladiere' though Wendy!

Mags

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The filter took it out :lol: I'll see if I can get round it.

4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Les Halles, maybe they should have a FNAC to make it more believable! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I can't imagine it with tomatoes. Ick. (And yes, I like tomatoes, but the classic combination is onions, olives and a touch of anchovy).

Looking forward to checking it out. I really like the set up of France so hope the new location and size doesn't interfere with the overall "look." It does sound like a good use of the previously underused space, though.

If the Glacier is going in the old space, I wonder if that means the booth out on the walkway is going to be repurposed, or will go away?

Sometimes change is a very good thing! :yes: