1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New Macbook Pro's announced!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by catrancher, Apr 13, 2010.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Exactly what I think :yes: A friend has a 13.3" toshiba (running windows 7) and the screen felt over crowded.

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

im thinking about eye strain nothing else. i used my tosh 13.3 and it was way too small for my eyes, i suffered with iritus and nearly lost an eye because of it, nothing to do with looking at a small screen i might add. i just prefer big screen with the res set small like 1650x 1050 on my pc. i suffer no headaches or anything on my 17" tosh so im not going to chance getting those again on a small screen :)

so if you know how to use your 13.3 inches josh good luck to ya :wink: :lol:

josh how do you mean a screen feels overcrowded just coz its using win 7 :unsure:

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Not that I want to speak for Josh, but it's kinda what you were talking about. You get a 13.3" tosh and you put up a web browser and thats it. The fonts somehow feel small and you strain to read things sometime.

The Mac windows have less window clutter in them (partly because they have an application menu at the top of the screen) and the fonts are smoothed in a completely different way (there are papers on the different approaches used and advocates/critics of both).

All in all it just seems that a macbook, which would feel small if it were a windows pc, doesn't have that same cramped, eyestrainy feeling.

It's actually easy to experience now because you can boot one up in windows then boot the same device in macosx and experience it for yourself.

Sounds strange, sounds biased, but it just does work well

4. ukwdwnut

ok thx keith, my bro has a works 13" macbook so will have a look at that.....hey and i never take anyones mac only views as being biased, just a matter of preference :)

5. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

:yes: You read my mind!!

I really do sometimes feel as if I am totally mac biased, too, but they are just such great machines. It totally converts you when you use one :yes:

6. ukwdwnut

you are josh :wink: :lol:

i had a quick look at my bro's and tbh i was lost....id need to spend a lot more time getting used to one