1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New Magic Kingdom fantasy land?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by pigletpete, Oct 14, 2012.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

hiya - ive missed all the chatter about this but ive just read in the sunday paper that there wiil be a whole new fantasy land area in the magic kingdom? i thought id ask the experts :) ill be there in march will it be open and what will be there??

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

oh my goodness there are lots of things. Lets see if i can remember, opening this year is The be our guest restaurant, Gaston's Tavern, little mermaid ride, a double dumbo, Belle's story telling, re themed rollercoaster (used to be Goofy's Barnstormer) new character greetings, opening next year is a snow white and the 7 dwarves mine train ride, ariel grotto, casey jr soak station.

if you have a look in the news section of the forum then you will be able to see lots of photos and more details, click here

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've just returned and the new Fantasyland is amazing and so very pretty.

The things that are open now are:

Enchanted Forest
    • Enchanted Tales with Belle - absolutely magical.
    • Gaston's Tavern - great food but only seats 57 people.
    • Bonjour! Village Gifts - a cute gift shopping selling special Beauty and the Beast merchandise.
    • Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid - a ride that is amazing.
    • Ariel's Grotto - a meet and greet with Ariel in her cave under the sea.
    Story Book Circus
    • Duelling Dumbo Rides - two Dumbo rides
    • Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station water play area
    • The Great Goofini
    • The Fantasyland Train Station
    • Pete's Silly Slideshow - a meet and greet where you can meet Donald as the Astounding Donaldo, Goofy who is the Great Goofini, Daisy Duck plays the part of Madame Daisy Fortuna and Minnie Mouse is the “Siren of the Seine"
    • Big Top Souvenirs - gift shop.
    There are a couple of things that are still to open:

• The Be Our Guest restaurant is open for viewing and has an opening date of the 19th November for dining reservations. Speaking to a Cast Member I think the counterservice will be open very soon, I'm not sure about the signature meal in the evening though.
    • Princess Fairytale Hall is due to open in 2013 in the old Snow White ride location.
    • The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train isn't due to be completed until 2014.

Hope this helps.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Just as a side note to Wendy's post. We were there on the same day as she but a bit later. We could not get a view of the Be Our Guest Restaurant. They were also advertising the opening as a Dress Rehearsal but I have heard that those pieces she mentioned my be open permanently already. There were long lines but they kept moving and the wait was worth every minute of it.